Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving in with boyfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
So I have been divorced for 7 months and started seeing someone after 2 months and this guy is great. We have been together for 5 months and we have talked about moving in together. I said something about moving in with me but I rather him not cause I can't deal with memories from my x husband but have no idea how I can tell him. What should I say? I love this guy so much.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:03 PM
Be honest say you would love to live with him but would prefer a new place. One that doesn't hold old memories. A place where you two together can make new ones. Good luck!
nattyleilani
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:05 PM

That's not a very long term relationship. My best advice is to continue to live separately until you've been together at least a year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:07 PM
It's probably too soon, maybe wait till you have been together for a year first. When you talk about it next time, say on our anniversary we can look into trying to live together as our next step. That will give you time to make your home yours, maybe new paint, and such. Just reassure him that it's coming in your future plans but just not now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)