Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

979-320-9763 is a scam number

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

The above number is a scam number claiming to be the IRS.

please dont fall for it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I had one of those fuckers calling. One day he called 50 freaking times!! That was the last day too. I called him back, then my dad and several friends from blocked numbers lol. Answer the phone with a whistle next time...
Momtoone07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I got a call from them a few years ago claiming a sheriff was about to arrest me. I started swearing at them like a pirate, telling them how pathetic and disgusting they are. Funny, no sheriff and never got another call from them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:12 PM

I just didnt want anyone to fall for their tricks.  If i can prevent someone else from dealing with them i will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My 97 year old great grandmother dealt with one of these scumbags a few months ago. After them calling her multiple times a day and swearing at her, she started blowing a whistle into the phone. They stopped.

princessmara
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I get those all the time. The last time I just kept playing along when he was telling me the sherrif was on his way to arrest me. I asked him if he was sure the sherrif was on the way, and he said yes. I then asked if he was sure they were going to drive me to jail. Again he said yes. Then I said since I hadn't eaten yet if the sherrif could go through the McDonald's drive trough so I could get something to eat. He hung up on me.
littleleesa
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:08 PM

Well duh!!! The IRS never ever ever "calls" you. They ONLY send you letters usually certified mail. I know as before dh retired he made too much so we always owed them money. Sadly people fall for a lot of things. Many years ago when there was that Nigerian scam about sending money/check and they drain your account(s) and my SIL fell for it and they got their bank account wiped out clean. She was/is way younger than my brother and myself even and thought...oh free money lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Next time they can be like "this is blank. Tha k you for calling the sperm bank my I help"?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:21 PM
Omg these are great.!
princessmara
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:54 PM
Another one I have done is when I recognize the number I answered "Stone County 911, what is your emergency? "
nmkj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:37 PM
The scammers call my phone with numbers disguised as local numbers. I used to just block them but I've started having fun and answering them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)