Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can i do for her?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 4:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
My heart aches for my co-worker. She is the nicest person i ever met. Whenever we need help with anything, she’s the one that always be ready for us. She just lost her father in law on the 10th this month and was heartbroken since it’s an unexpected death. He passed away from a heart attack while he was showering. It was 2 days before her birthday. She lives with him so they’re pretty close. They just had a small funeral for him and planning to have him cremated on the 22th. Life hasn’t been easy for her and her husband but it seems like they are beginning to accept it..
My co-worker hasn’t been herself since she lost her dad from heart attack 2 years ago so this kinda reminds her of her dad, too..
Yesterday, she asked me if I can stay for her so she can drop her husband to work (her husband doesn’t drive, he has a phobia of driving) which is only 5 minutes from where they live. i said no problem. But, then we got a phone call from her saying that she found her husband laying on the bed and not breathing!!!
She just went home and had lunch with him on like 2 hours before and she said he took a nap when she left. And now she found him dead..They’re still doing autopsy on him when we arrived at her house, they couldn’t tell us what’s the cause of the death yet until monday.
I just can’t imagine how she feels right now..She was so distraught and I don’t know how to help her! What can I do in this situation?😭
by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 4:06 PM
Wow. Just keep being a good friend
. That's all you really can do. ;-(
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 4:12 PM

maybe stay with her tonight if you have someone to keep your kids. Cook her a meal and just be there for her.

ellietio
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 4:39 PM
I know, i still can’t believe this is happening..I’ll try my best..☹️☹️

Quoting Anonymous 1: Wow. Just keep being a good friend
. That's all you really can do. ;-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 6:05 PM

Sit with her so she doesn't feel alone.  If she wants to talk listen.  Cook, clean.  Make sure it is done her way.  Don't  rearrange her house or anything. Ask her what she needs.

littlesippycup
by iloveanons on Jan. 20, 2018 at 7:35 PM
Poor, poor lady.
Willow_Phoenix
by Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:46 PM

Bring her food or have food delivered to her so she doesn't have to cook . Offer her a place to stay so she isn't alone. Or to stay with her so she isn't alone.

Spend time talking to her outside of work. Tell her how sorry you are for everything. Ask her if she wants or needs help with the funeral planning for her dh again so she isn't alone doing it all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:56 PM
OMG, that is terrible! Spend sometime with her & also give her space she needs to grieve. Some people would want company at times & other times they just want to be alone. Go with her wishes. It's really great that you want to be there to help, very nice of you
SUZQ154
by on Jan. 29, 2018 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My heart aches too for your coworker. I admire and appreciate that you would like to help her. 

Although my situation is not quite as severe, my dad and mother-in-law died last month, and friends and family have helped me through this difficult time.  They have allowed me to cry, without giving advice, without giving false encouragement, and without overgrandizing, "Things happen for a reason."  Just telling me, "This must be hard.  How are you doing?  Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you" were the best words of comfort for me.  Encouraging sympathy cards helped me also, letting me know I was a good daughter and daughter-in-law and that they were praying for me.  Maybe you would consider doing some of these for your coworker?

Praying for her and you today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)