Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pull-ups, out the window?

Posted by   + Show Post
At what age were your littles totally done with them?

Bare with me here...

My boyfriend and I have had to put an alarm on his sons bedroom door because he was continually sneaking out of his bedroom and gettting into crap... the fridge, making concoctions of Parmesan cheese and hot sauce, covering the cat in toothpaste, stealing tampons and hiding them under his bed... we found his aunts debit card hidden in his room, and constant food theft. Trust me, I’ve tried to wrap my head around that one, because the kid eats the equivalent of a college football player.

Anyway, he wears a pull-up at night. Kid gets up before six (I’ve got no idea why) and plays quietly in his room until six when our alarm goes off. I’m fed up with the main bathroom garbage can being filled with pull-ups with nine gallons of piss in them.

So last night, we went without a pull-up, when I went in his room this morning, I asked if his bed was dry, bed was dry... so that’s great. Then I asked if he was dry, and he thought about lying to me about it but then told me no, that his pajamas were wet. When I asked him why he didn’t get up and go to the bathroom he said it was because of the alarm. So, what I took from that was that he didn’t want to hear it so he bascailly just stood there and pissed himself.

My boyfriend and I have had SEVERAL conversations about, yes, the alarm will go off, we will hear it... but you can’t just pee yourself because you don’t want to hear that alarm. The alarm is there because of his actions.

Am I losIng my mind completely, am I being too hard about this?

Thanks for your insight y’all! 😘
by on Feb. 1, 2018 at 1:24 PM
Replies (21-25):
JTROX
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I hated pull-ups.  We never used them.

Caitiejo86
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:19 PM

I did suggest putting a trainer potty in his room.

Dad said that he'd tried that previously and he just flat out refused to use it. So as of right now, dad gets to get up in the middle of the night and takes him the bathroom and then does the same before he goes to work. My issue isn't at all with when he wets himself in his sleep, I don't know that he's ever totally been out of pull-ups. The intentional wets work my nerves though.

Caitiejo86
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JTROX:

I hated pull-ups.  We never used them.

I still hate pull-ups. I feel like the smell of pee is burning into my nose currently.

EarlGrayHot
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

He's harming an animal and his behavior is off the wall and your BF does nothing?  I'd be out of there.  And I'd take the poor cat with me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:11 PM

my ds used them in the day until 4.  at night until 5 almost 6. 

dd only uses them during the day at pre k or if we go out without immediate access to a bathroom. but we still try to get her to the potty asap. she is 4... she uses them at night still...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)