Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you go to college?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Did you go to college? If yes what is your degree and are you currenty working in that field? If no do you work and what kind of work do you do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2018 at 10:10 PM
Replies (61-64):
by Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 2:31 AM
Lol. I'll update you after I get it. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

lol no you had the correct name its a wacom idk why i put wahmba... I dlove to hear how it works for you.

Quoting bascha: I've never heard of those, but I'm getting ready to buy a Wacom Intuos Pro.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting bascha: If you haven't already gotten a Mac, then do it as soon as you can! I thought that Mac would be awful, and that I was going to have a hard time adjusting to it and hate every second that I had to use it. It took me about a week to be absolutely in love with it. Almost all of the professional graphics that you see today are done on a Mac, so it's super important to learn to work with it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting bascha: I'm 40 years old and currently in college. I always wanted to do it, but made a few bad choices that stopped me. But then my DH gave me his educational benefits when he retired from the Army. I'm studying Graphic Design, and I've already been approached by a few people with potential job offers. I'm very happy, and very excited.

OMG!! I am going to college right now for my degree in digital art and graphic design...thats super cool to run across another mom in the same field! Any tips???

Thats crazy that you say that because I just Invested in one lol typing on it now. I been so used to using my windows system that im trying to get used to this thing. I used to think a surface pro was like the best thing but in class we work on macs and yes its new i dont love it yet lol. What about the Waumba pads I recently came across it and I havent bought one yet but I dont know to much about it. What do you think about those graphic pads i guess their called?

by New Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:09 AM
Yes, in health claims and coding. It had a transcription portion too and that's what I did from home part-time.
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 14, 2018 at 9:38 AM

No.  I originally wanted to go to Penn State to become an RN, but was told, "You're not going away to college, you're a girl! I have to watch you!" (my mother is an asshole)

After many years of working in the medical field I left, went corporate for a while, and then stayed home to have a family.  After our third child was born, my boss approached me about trying out being a virtual assistant, on a temporary basis to see how it would go.  13 years later , I'm still with him, moved up in responsibility and title, and I've been the sales manager for a prestigious diamond company for over a year now!

by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 12:34 PM

Yes, both.  BA.LLB; B. P. Sc.; and PL D.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)