Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sahm Woe

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2018 at 11:22 AM
  • 26 Replies
I stay home with my 20 month ds#2 during the week and I love it for the most part. I try and keep us active because I know ds#2 is like a tornado. He gets into every thing!! Some days I am so burnt out by dinner. Some days I feel like I’m constantly trying to stop a train from derailing.

My older son was not like this. He would sit and play cars for a long period of time. He would nap without issues. He would eat no problem. Ds#2? He is King No Sleep. Naps almost always have an issue. I keep rangling him to sit at the table to eat. He won’t sit and play for more than a minute. He is into everything.

I love my kid to death but he might be the death of me. I just needed to vent. It’s been a long day as you can tell!
by on Feb. 5, 2018 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 11:34 AM
I hear ya lol between my 3 and 1 year old it can feel crazy at times. I also have 2 other children who are in school. I'm usually exhausted by dinner.
happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:01 PM

All kids are different... lol

patnic
by on Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:04 PM

Yikes.  I know a mom with a kid that wouldn't nap, but she needed a break.  So it was quiet time in his room for an hour.  Of course, that means, you are going to have to kid proof his room, but it really helped her.  She had a gate on his bedroom door.  

Sometimes, I would put my kids in the bath.  They entertained themselves, and I could just sit there, watch them and rest.  

What about swim lessons in the morning?  Or a local indoor pool in the mornings?  Would that tire him out?

Good luck mama.

BearFamily12
by Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:41 PM
I could look into swim lessons. We go to the library for story (lol or run around the room time) once a week. We are outside weather permitting constantly.

Ds#2 will nap but it normally involves jumping through hoops. His determination and stubborness is insane lol.

Quoting patnic:

Yikes.  I know a mom with a kid that wouldn't nap, but she needed a break.  So it was quiet time in his room for an hour.  Of course, that means, you are going to have to kid proof his room, but it really helped her.  She had a gate on his bedroom door.  

Sometimes, I would put my kids in the bath.  They entertained themselves, and I could just sit there, watch them and rest.  

What about swim lessons in the morning?  Or a local indoor pool in the mornings?  Would that tire him out?

Good luck mama.

BearFamily12
by Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:41 PM
I am so happy ds#1 is in school lol. He’s 8 but he has Adhd so he can be a bit much sometimes.

Quoting MistyMoo: I hear ya lol between my 3 and 1 year old it can feel crazy at times. I also have 2 other children who are in school. I'm usually exhausted by dinner.
MistyMoo
by Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:47 PM
Yeah, my oldest is 10 and he has autism so I can relate. I can't wait until it starts getting warmer and we can go to the park again. It's hard getting around with the snow.

Quoting BearFamily12: I am so happy ds#1 is in school lol. He’s 8 but he has Adhd so he can be a bit much sometimes.

Quoting MistyMoo: I hear ya lol between my 3 and 1 year old it can feel crazy at times. I also have 2 other children who are in school. I'm usually exhausted by dinner.
BearFamily12
by Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 1:14 PM
Agreed! I hate the cold but let me tell you if it’s not snowing or raining and it’s at least 40 degrees, we are outside. I bundle the heck out of him and myself lol. Outdoors soothe the wild beast in him. Lol

Quoting MistyMoo: Yeah, my oldest is 10 and he has autism so I can relate. I can't wait until it starts getting warmer and we can go to the park again. It's hard getting around with the snow.

Quoting BearFamily12: I am so happy ds#1 is in school lol. He’s 8 but he has Adhd so he can be a bit much sometimes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 10:24 AM

Awww you sound like you are doing an amazing job. My kids never napped either and my youngest is nicknamed Maximus Tantrumus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 10:44 AM
My kids refused to nap by 2.5. I was alone 13 hours a day with them. I had mantatoty rest period. I did not care what they did in their room but they had to be in there 45 min. It allowed me to recharge, do dinner prep, have a cup of tea. I just moved bedtime earlier. My son was into everything too. He was my shadow because if I left him alone he was into something. I feel your pain.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:09 AM

DD also went through a phase where she didn't sleep.  Also I did not own a play pen so DD's play time was my play time too I could never leave her unsupervised.  I feel for you it can be exhausting.  Have you thought of trying to do activities with him like mommy and me yoga or baby excercise classes ?  A lot of places now offer mommy and me programs which is both awesome for you and the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)