Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Male Performing Mammogram

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was just informed by a male doctor that the *vast* majority of women don’t care at all if a male shows up to do their mammogram.

I’d love to hear opinions on this! Are you fine with a male doing your mammogram? Yes or no?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:02 AM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 9:18 PM
Thermograms have a high rate of false positives and false negatives.

Quoting Anonymous 21: A thermogram and cost $200 if you don't have insurance.

Quoting Anonymous 22:

Since mammograms continue to be considered best care prevention, what other tests would be available and I imagine that they are not covered by most insurances so it could be hundreds of dollars out of pocket.

Quoting Anonymous 21: It can be detected other ways that don't include radiation and having your breasts smashed.

Quoting Anonymous 22: I have a friend and sister in law who had cancer detected early through yearly mammograms. My understanding is the benefits are there and tens of millions of women and their care providers agree.

Quoting Anonymous 21: Male or female, you literally couldn't pay me to get a mammogram. This isn't the middle ages, we know they do more harm than good. Even my children's pediatrician warned me of the dangers of them 10 years ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 9:19 PM
Thermograms have a high rate of false positives and false negatives.

Quoting Anonymous 22:

I have insurance but will do some research on this.

Quoting Anonymous 22:

Since mammograms continue to be considered best care prevention, what other tests would be available and I imagine that they are not covered by most insurances so it could be hundreds of dollars out of pocket.

Quoting Anonymous 21: It can be detected other ways that don't include radiation and having your breasts smashed.

Quoting Anonymous 22: I have a friend and sister in law who had cancer detected early through yearly mammograms. My understanding is the benefits are there and tens of millions of women and their care providers agree.

Quoting Anonymous 21: Male or female, you literally couldn't pay me to get a mammogram. This isn't the middle ages, we know they do more harm than good. Even my children's pediatrician warned me of the dangers of them 10 years ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 9:43 PM
I prefer a male.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Feb. 11, 2018 at 1:51 AM
I prefer males for mammograms and pap smears. My male gp just gave me the fastest most painless pap I have ever had. Female doctors I have seen are rough af.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 11, 2018 at 9:02 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 28: Thermograms have a high rate of false positives and false negatives.

Quoting Anonymous 22:

I have insurance but will do some research on this.

Quoting Anonymous 22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 11, 2018 at 2:52 PM
No, they don't. Mammograms do though and increase your chance of cancer by exposing you to radiation.

Quoting Anonymous 28: Thermograms have a high rate of false positives and false negatives.

Quoting Anonymous 22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Feb. 12, 2018 at 6:46 PM

Male doctor, sure. Male mammogram tech? No way. I just had mine Saturday, and I have large boobs that need a lot of handling. I don't think I could stand there and let a guy do all that, unless he was a doctor looking specifically for something. 

Plus, if you have a male doctor for your gyn stuff, they usually have a nurse in there with them. I actually don't any more, I've been with my gyn for 15+ years. A few years back, his nurse had to leave the room because of an emergency, and he was like "I'll leave with her, but it will be about 20 minutes" and I was like "Um, you've delivered my three kids, just finish up dude." And now he just has a nurse in there sometimes and sometimes not. Doesn't bother me, but I know the guy and his wife who is the other doctor in the practice. 

notjstasocermom
by on Feb. 12, 2018 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Wouldn’t bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 10:44 AM
I don't give a shit
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:28 PM

As long as I'm getting the proper treatment and they know what thy're doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)