Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FORGIVENESS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My husband's brother is also on theor dad's bank account.  Their dad is not a rich man by no means and only receives social security each month.  For at least a year, the brother "stole" $500/month for his own spending.  Meanwhile he lives in 900k home with his gf.

The dad found out and didn't even ask for the money back and just let it go.

How do you let that go?  Your son was stealing from you!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2018 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 4:24 PM
You let it go because it will eat you up. He knows his son won't pay him back. He knows if he starts something the son being the dick he is will find a way to make it the dads fault. I hope dad took scumbag off his account. What a total POS ! Who steals from their elderly dad .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 4:42 PM
I'm not the forgiving sort, so I can't imagine forgiving that kind of bullshit. I hope he kicked the son off the account. And I'm the type of person to criminally go after the son for theft.
happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 4:56 PM

And your husband was fine with his brother stealing from their father?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 9:28 PM

I hope your FIL took his name off on the account. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 4:24 PM
That is sickening that he stole from his father . On another note tho he must be getting decent money if he didn’t realize . 500 a month is a lot I think
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 4:29 PM
This happened to a friend of mine’s sister. The dad pressed charges against his own daughter. Who does something like that to their parents?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 4:31 PM
He wasn’t paying attention because he never thought his son would do something like that. This has nothing to do with how much he has.

Quoting Anonymous 4: That is sickening that he stole from his father . On another note tho he must be getting decent money if he didn’t realize . 500 a month is a lot I think
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 4:31 PM
If he has his name on the account it's not stealing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 4:35 PM
That I can see too . Would you ever think your own son ( who obviously makes enough to have a 900k house ) would do that to you ???

Quoting Anonymous 5: He wasn’t paying attention because he never thought his son would do something like that. This has nothing to do with how much he has.

Quoting Anonymous 4: That is sickening that he stole from his father . On another note tho he must be getting decent money if he didn’t realize . 500 a month is a lot I think
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2018 at 4:36 PM
It is stealing bc it wasn’t his money and I’m sure he knew that

Quoting Anonymous 6: If he has his name on the account it's not stealing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)