Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Angry dad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
My husband is always looking for flaws in our 16 year old son. He tries so hard to please his dad and is the most forgiving toward his dad. He's ADHD but with meds, he's much better. He's always inventing things and he doesn't hear all that's said...kind of scatter brained. He loves to hang out with his nana and doesn't do much besides school, work, and building things. My husband works 3rds so I have to give permission to use tools, etc. My husband always wants him home even though he keeps up with his chores pretty well. My husband is always so mad at him and can barely control himself around him. If I say anything in defense of him, he's more angry. I don't know what to do anymore. And I'm sure it goes without saying that my husband wasn't the sperm donor buy has been there since pregnancy.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:27 PM
And he can't stand for him to use his tools or his garage

Quoting Anonymous 1: My husband is always looking for flaws in our 16 year old son. He tries so hard to please his dad and is the most forgiving toward his dad. He's ADHD but with meds, he's much better. He's always inventing things and he doesn't hear all that's said...kind of scatter brained. He loves to hang out with his nana and doesn't do much besides school, work, and building things. My husband works 3rds so I have to give permission to use tools, etc. My husband always wants him home even though he keeps up with his chores pretty well. My husband is always so mad at him and can barely control himself around him. If I say anything in defense of him, he's more angry. I don't know what to do anymore. And I'm sure it goes without saying that my husband wasn't the sperm donor buy has been there since pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:30 PM
6 moms liked this
You’re dh sounds like an emotionally abusive dickhead. I’d leave any “man” who thought it was okay to treat my child like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM
3 moms liked this

sorry to say but I agree with the other poster, sounds like your man is emotionally abusive towards your son.  I would not put up if my DH was abusive towards my child

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:54 PM
And by staying, you allow this bullshit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank y'all for your honesty
andrea.jordan
by Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this
That DH of yours needs needs therapy and emotional abuse classes
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell him to knock it the fuck off or use the front door and not come back. 

nikabear
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 5:29 PM
And you are still with him why???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 12, 2018 at 6:33 PM

It's not right that you allow this kind of abuse towards your son he deserves better.  Your role as his mother is to protect him from harm, so what haven't you've been doing it?

readyforhim
by Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 8:31 PM
Your child will remember how your DH has treated him.

This kind if treatment must make it difficult for him to enjoy being home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)