Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help- Sleep deprived working Mom

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 6:55 AM
  • 4 Replies

I need to vent. And my friends and family are probably super sick of hearing me complain. Or cancelling plans because I am so tired. But I can't help it... I AM SOOOO TIRED!

My 10 month old is going through a phase right now where she wakes up around 4 am and she won't go back to sleep for the life of me. Normally she sleeps through the night (up until 1 am in her bed and then she comes into our bed at that time if she wakes. I know... she sleeps with us. But we are working parents who need sleep) and lately she just can't settle and fall back asleep again. This has been going on for 4 nights. And this has happened in the past, but it passed. 

The reason I am here is because I can't help it but I lose my pacience. I know I shouldn't and I know I need to keep my calm. But how can I when I am getting slapped and kicked every 2 seconds, or she's crying. Or hearing my husband huff and puff all night. Or complain everytime he has to step in and help out. 

I know it's just a phase but I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am waiting for the day she will sleep a full night in her room. But how can I accomplish this?! I am not a fan of the cry it out method but the last 2 nights, I had to let her cry it out in her bed so she would get tired. Otherwise she wouldn't have gone back to sleep. 

Can someone tell me what to do? Or simply tell me it will pass? Or that I am not a bad mom? I feel like a terrible failing Mom and I won't even begin to tell you how I am a zombie at work. I just want to cry every time I think about how I am not able to comfort her during the night because I am so sleep deprived and angry. 

Someone.. please help. I am seriously losing it. 

by on Mar. 6, 2018 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommytoeandb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Talk to your husband about alternating nights getting up with her. The one not on duty can wear ear plugs. I have no problem letting a kid cry for a few minutes while I gather myself. Sometimes parents need a time out too. Make some calming herbal tea for yourself and check on her every few minutes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 7, 2018 at 3:11 AM

I honestly just co slept. It was easier. Are you feeding her in the night? Can you keep her up a bit later in the evening? Or can you go to bed a bit sooner, So when/if she wakes you are ok. I honestly have put a load of washing on at 6pm, fed the baby, had a sandwich or something for dinner and gone to bed. Slept till morning.

Maybe too you might need some iron . where is she during the day? what is her routine like? 

littlepinkrose
by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
It will pass and yes it is annoying. Tell hubby how you feel exactly as you have stated here. Let him know you need his help.
Suggest taking turns. Monday you are up, Tuesday is his turn etc. It cannot be all you as it cannot be all him.
bball4515
by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

If someone can invent a thing that can make baby or toddler sleep on schedule he or she will become a gazillionaire.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)