Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschool?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My oldest daughter starts kindergarten this fall. With all the school shootings and teachers abusing their power my husband is really pushing homeschooling. I would be more for the idea if we could afford a highly rated homeschool group/teacher. He found a group of parents that homeschool each other’s kids together and he is set on doing that. He says I’m being lazy because I’m not into the idea of having our child homeschooled. He also says that I don’t care about our child’s safety either because I want her to go to an actual school. How do I explain to him I’m not being lazy or not caring about our daughters safety just because I want her to go to school. Her school has good academic ratings and good reviews from previous parents. We also only live 2 mins(walking)from the school. Are more parents homeschooling now?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2018 at 12:22 PM
Replies (11-14):
4Lildoodlebugs
by Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Homeschooling isn't a bad idea...mas long as they can get the social skills they'll need.....
But now days you can get shot up anywhere

Store, mall, outside,. I mean anywhere. Just have to be aware of what's going on around you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 10, 2018 at 2:59 AM
All 8 of my kids are homeschooled by their dad. My 2 step kids are also being homeschooled by their mom. My ex-husband makes up his own curriculum and my step kids mom goes through a homeschooling program.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 10, 2018 at 9:30 PM
I'm not against homeschooling. Fear is not a good reason to do it though.

Does he let her ride in a car, that is a very dangerous thing. Look up how many kids die in accidents. It's way more than school shootings.

SHIRLZ7
by on Mar. 12, 2018 at 5:50 PM

Homeschooling crossed my mind a few times. I think at the end of the day, the decision to homeschool is individual to each family. Some families thrive in homeschooling and some dont. personally for my home, my kids thrive in a school environment and im not sure if i am the 'homeschooling' type of mom. It takes lots of patience and communication. I know some families that have homeschooled 5 children and loved it, and they are all wonderful kids gone to college and then i know some families where homeschooling just didnt work out for them.. so its really something that requires more discussion between you and hubby, pray about it and go with the decision that gives you the most peace. I personally think deciding to homeschool needs to be based on more than just fear, it needs to be healthy for you and your kids. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)