Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh....damn dog.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My DH brought a dog home.  She was being neglected (by his own son); starving to death.  At first, things were all peachy.  We all felt so bad for her and did everything to get her back into shape.  We also have two other dogs; a pitt and a mutt.  Now it's been well over a month and this dog is getting on my nerves in every sort of way.  Which is actually out of character for me because I love animals.  There's just something about this dog I do not like.  DH won't even consider finding her another home.  I feel bad for her but I'm damn tired of this dog.  She's full grown and gets into EVERYTHING!  She even broke the screen in my bedroom window to come in and lay on our bed (a huge no-no for me; dogs on furniture).  IDK what to do but I don't want to keep her.  DH guilts me on it - saying how I'm mean for feeling that way.  :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krazymom2boyz
by Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this
I would look into serious training for her. Maybe once she has better manners you won't be so annoyed by her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:58 AM

I'm pretty sure you're right.  Thank you!  IDK why I hadn't even thought about that.  Duh.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

How about you finding another home and leave him with all the dogs.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 10:55 AM

I cannot imagine not having my animals on the furniture with me.  Our dog still sleeps in a crate at night but she is out during the day and free to jump up on the couch for cuddles. I agree with krazymom, the dog needs training. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2018 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
The only solution here is training and patience.
tish_hughes82
by on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I've never cared for animals on the furniture, neither. Running around outside and then coming inside jumpingon furniture that I sleep on. Nah, that's nasty. 

sunflower3129
by Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 8:24 AM
Time for puppy school! She just needs a little more time to learn some manners.
Shai4710
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 9:06 AM

She needs to be trained. 

EarlGrayHot
by on Mar. 9, 2018 at 3:20 PM

I would always want my cats on the bed.  Animals on furniture is fine with me.  You should have read your son the riot act.  I'd have turned his ass in for animal abuse.

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 3:29 PM

Take that dog to obedience school yourself. You will have homework each week to work on with the dog. It really helps to bond with a new dog. You might learn to like her or at least she will be easier to tolerate. She probably has never had a consistant routine. GL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)