Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don’t love my husband anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I know it’s the same old sob story but I’m not I love with my husband anymore. I love him but I don’t see a future with him at all. He’s very controlling and selfish and I’m actually a little afraid to leave him because he threatens to take my kids away from me. He also has threatened to post personal pictures of me online. And I know that’s illegal but he can still do it and then they are out there for the world to see anyways.

I’m just really miserable and feel stuck. I’ve been a stay at home mom for 9 years.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2018 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrea_here
by Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

He's doesn't sound just controlling, he sounds abusive. Can you consult an attorney on the side without him knowing? Ultimately, its completely up to you to make the move. Get your mind wrapped around what you want to do and prepare for him to have problems with it. He sounds like a coward. Look at past experiences with him and decide if you think he will really follow through. Can you get access to the pics and delete them? What can you do to protect yourself and what are you willing to endure in order to leave? Ask yourself those questions. Talk to your close friends and get a support system going. Start taking classes and getting yourself out of the house. You don't have to stay in an abusive and controlling relationship.

National Domestic Violence Hotline 1.800.799.7233

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:15 PM

He can show those pictures to the judge too in a custody battle and I don't think it's be in your favor. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:19 PM
Pics made the Kardashian clan famous. It would look worse on him for spreading them around. Especially if he forced you to pose.

Good luck to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:19 PM
This is why I always tell you SAHMs to get jobs to save money
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:20 PM
What? Picture of himself and myself together? It wouldn’t be in my favor? They are not nude but not for anyone’s eyes but myself or him.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

He can show those pictures to the judge too in a custody battle and I don't think it's be in your favor. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:21 PM
I wish I had.

Quoting Anonymous 4: This is why I always tell you SAHMs to get jobs to save money
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:44 PM

"He also has threatened to post personal pictures of me online"

Quoting Anonymous 1: What? Picture of himself and myself together? It wouldn’t be in my favor? They are not nude but not for anyone’s eyes but myself or him.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2018 at 9:02 PM
I’m aware of what I wrote. They are personal pictures of me, he is also in them but that doesn’t mean I want the world to see them, they are not fully nude either but it’s not at all something I’d like everyone to see

Quoting Anonymous 2:

"He also has threatened to post personal pictures of me online"

Quoting Anonymous 1: What? Picture of himself and myself together? It wouldn’t be in my favor? They are not nude but not for anyone’s eyes but myself or him.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Well you can either sit there and continue to live in misery for the rest of your life, or you can figure out a plan and move on. It likely won’t be easy, but in the long run, it’s typically the best choice. There are resources available. Do you have any family or friends?
Maime13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

You have two choices. Stay and be miserable letting him think up new ways to make you bend to his will or leave.

If you choose leave things are going to get worse, no doubt. It's going to be a miserable struggle and he will show the worst of himself in the fight. However, it will get better. You will be out from under his thumb and you will have the legal system as a buffer between the two of you. Yes, custody battle is going to suck. No, some boudiour pictures between you and your DH aren't going to negatively impact custody. 

Contact a woman's abuse hotline and let them help you make a plan. They can help you get a lawyer and get your ducks in a row before you leave. They know how dirty the fight can get and will be able to set you up for a greater chance of success and help you to stay safe. Even if he's never laid a hand on you, you need to be prepared. A dying animal usually lashes out, and once he realizes that he is losing his ability to control you he likely will too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)