Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sister lost another baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My sister 4 years ago gave birth to a baby girl at 8 months pregnant she was still born it was devastating and hurt every member of our family. After this happen I ended up having a baby 2 yeras later it was very difficult for her to be happy for me and be aound my baby and i understood. Now my daughter is 2 and she has been able to grow and things have been great. She got pregnant and we wer all happy for her and excited that god has given her another chance. Last night she went to the hospital full of blood, the doctors detrmined that it was a 50/50 chances of survival for the baby. Her placenta had detached causing major complication for her and the baby. She was 5 1/2 months and the baby didnt make it. My sister has lost a lot of blood and is currently getting transfusions. I feel so bad that this has happened a 2nd time. She has given birth and yet gets to go home with no baby. We eventually are going to have to make funeral arrangemnts etc. But im so concerned for my sister I never lost a child and cant even phantom on how she is feeling. She is always the strong minded one but i think this time she is going to fall hard. She has 4 other children who are older ages 18-11. I tried calling her to talk and see how she is feeling and she hasnt responded. I dont want to push but i want to support her but she wont talk to me.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:03 PM
Give her a little time. Just send her a little note telling her your here when she's ready to talk. I support you. This way she knows your thinking of her. Yet allowing her to grieve in her own time.... call following week
fatcat0908
by Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:17 PM
Oh My God! Bless her heart. I can’t even begin to imagine. I had two miscarriages early on and they were devestating. To have a still birth, two at that, seems too painful to even wrap my head around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:36 AM

How old is she?

Woodstock1
by on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:49 PM

Oh no! I am so sorry this is happening! Just let her know you are there for her when she is ready. Keep praying for her and just letting her know you love her (without pushing her of course). You are a good sister. Praying for your family right now. 

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 23, 2018 at 12:11 AM

Just give it time, she's hurting right now and I'm sure irrationally is upset with you, it's not your fault, like I said it's irrational, so I bet space is best for now.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 23, 2018 at 12:14 AM

Give her time and let her try to make sense of this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2018 at 1:39 AM

Quoting Anonymous 3:

How old is she?

nanny1918
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 6:56 AM
I'm sorry for your sister you niece. I would sent her a text, saying you're praying for her and you're there for her. She'll call you when she it's ready to talk.
Curlymom234
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 7:21 AM
I can’t even imagine how she feels.
Punky_1981
by Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 8:29 AM

She doesn't want to talk to anyone. That's how I was when I lost my first son years ago. And with my baby now, I was scared to death I was going to lose him too. Give her time. She will come around. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

🐒🐵Monkey's Mama🐵🐒

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)