Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I am depressed......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I have been waking up early and I can't get back to sleep.  I lay there and my heart starts pounding.  I try to watch something light like cartoons or something but I can't focus.  Then my hands feel tingly.  I look outside and normally I enjoy the sunrise of a new day and the sounds of the birds but now I have no interest in it.  It's like my brain can't comprehend that it's a beautiful day out.  

I dread going to work, I hate the 1 1/2 - 2 hour commute and the office is so small and no one there likes to talk.  I am a social butterfly and it's so boring here.  Not to mention my manager is a booty hole.

I take breaks and go for walks outside with my music but I just come back feeling the same.  I love to laugh and can do so all day but not lately.

Recently I found out that I suffer from anxiety and have had about 7 panic attacks in the last 10 years.

What in the heck is going on?

P.S.  Home life is great - husband and I are good and both kids over the age of 21 are out of the house so no stress at home.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2018 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Tell me about your job and why the commute there is so long?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2018 at 12:59 PM

I am in HR but it really sucks bc it's soo boring.  Most days an average of 8 people here and 3 of them talk SO very loudly during the day about whatever they are working on.  I live in the DC area and I just have a long commute.  If there is a drop of rain or a small bender fender, my one-way commute is 2 hours.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you maybe over your job. Do you have that same morning feeling on days off? Is switching jobs an option? That long of a commute would be hell for me, and I would dread it daily. That sort of stuff can drag you down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:02 PM

No, on the weekends I pop out of the bed like toast ready and excited to start the day.  But on Sunday evenings, I dread Monday morning.  I have been commuting like this for 18 mos and yes, I am SICK of it..I really HATE it!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sounds like you maybe over your job. Do you have that same morning feeling on days off? Is switching jobs an option? That long of a commute would be hell for me, and I would dread it daily. That sort of stuff can drag you down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Your anxiety probably feeds the dread, too, and the combo will probably contribute to future attacks. It really does sound like your job is a "cage", so to speak. You might consider putting feelers out to something more fitting. Something that will feed your social side a bit better, and if the commute is still necessary, something you enjoy enough it doesn't weigh you down.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No, on the weekends I pop out of the bed like toast ready and excited to start the day.  But on Sunday evenings, I dread Monday morning.  I have been commuting like this for 18 mos and yes, I am SICK of it..I really HATE it!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sounds like you maybe over your job. Do you have that same morning feeling on days off? Is switching jobs an option? That long of a commute would be hell for me, and I would dread it daily. That sort of stuff can drag you down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:22 PM

Long commutes can be stressful given the winter weather you all get at times.  How I remember long commutes home in bumper to bumper rides.  Fun Days!! Lol

See the source image

I having a feeling you just feel like your stuck and don't have options.  Can transfer to a different department? 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I am in HR but it really sucks bc it's soo boring.  Most days an average of 8 people here and 3 of them talk SO very loudly during the day about whatever they are working on.  I live in the DC area and I just have a long commute.  If there is a drop of rain or a small bender fender, my one-way commute is 2 hours.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:29 PM

Ughh, don't remind me :-)  but yes, it's dragging me down...big time!  it's time for me to look elsewhere.  Can't transfer with in same company - only 8 of us here.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Long commutes can be stressful given the winter weather you all get at times.  How I remember long commutes home in bumper to bumper rides.  Fun Days!! Lol

See the source image

I having a feeling you just feel like your stuck and don't have options.  Can transfer to a different department? 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:33 PM

This was L.A.  ;-)

Change can be good or perhaps taking a couple of weeks of vacation time.  =]

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ughh, don't remind me :-)  but yes, it's dragging me down...big time!  it's time for me to look elsewhere.  Can't transfer with in same company - only 8 of us here.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

See the source image

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:36 PM

Yes, I agree.  Maybe even just a nice 3 day weekend :-)

Quoting Anonymous 2:

This was L.A.  ;-)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

See the source image

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM

Enjoy this it's where we live now.  =]

Weather is a little on the cool side but like like that way. 

https://www.portolahotel.com/ourhotel/webcam

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes, I agree.  Maybe even just a nice 3 day weekend :-)

Quoting Anonymous 2:

This was L.A.  ;-)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

See the source image

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)