Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to think of a good excuse...

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 192 Total Views

Ok, first let me say that I hardly EVER call out of work!  Unless I'm so sick I can't walk, I will go to work!  I spent a weekend at work taking shots of Dayquil with a pretty high fever so this is not something I do often lol

My MIL offered to take the kids from tonight until Sunday.  Once Eric found out, he told me that a chick at work knows of this party Saturday night.  It's an hour ride in a party bus with all kinds of alcohol and then the party on a yacht.  We leave at 11 and come back around 4 or 5 on Sunday morning!  I'm supposed to be at work at 6am. 

My first reaction is No!  I can't do this!  How irresponsible would that be?  My second reaction is Why not?  When was the last time Eric and I got to do something fun together 1)without the kids 2) where I didn't have to drive us home?  Ummm... never!  Not since we've had the boys.  Even when we were hanging out with people a lot, it was one drink or two, hanging out in the house playing cards or a board game.  Fun, but not exciting, KWIM?

I haven't totally decided yet.  I don't know how he'd react if I told him to go without me.. and I really don't want him to go without me!!  But I would let him :(

But if I DO go, I need a good excuse to tell work that wouldn't involve a Dr's note...

What do you think I shoudl do?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MJP76
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Do you not have vacation or sick days you can take?

Nicoles2LilRams
by Nicole- Queen on May. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM

No, those expired at the end of the year.  And I don't earn much because I'm part time, only work on the weekends. 

If I had known about it earlier than two days ago, I could have requested the day off and been fine.

Quoting MJP76:

MJP76
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Oh.. That super sucks.

Quoting Nicoles2LilRams:

No, those expired at the end of the year.  And I don't earn much because I'm part time, only work on the weekends. 

If I had known about it earlier than two days ago, I could have requested the day off and been fine.

Quoting MJP76:

missingme07
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Tell them that you have food poisoning and that you are barfing everywhere. if they keep trying to get you in tell them that you cant get off the toilet! 

Trevor has actually done this before, it worked for him 

cookingmomma790
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Good luck I suck at calling into work even when I am sick 

wanderingmuse
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Car troubles while out if town, unable to make it back in time for your shift. Call at 2am saying your trying to get back and at 4/5 dying you can't get a ride or the car fixed.
Ixrockxpink
by Michelle on May. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

this actually sounds like a really good idea lol!!!

Quoting missingme07:

Tell them that you have food poisoning and that you are barfing everywhere. if they keep trying to get you in tell them that you cant get off the toilet! 

Trevor has actually done this before, it worked for him 

frstldyhmsch
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Tell them you have a family emergency because, well....it it lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)