Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ABCmouse.com

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

I've been debating and debating about shelling out for abcmouse.com for Lucas. 

As some of you know, Matthew has struggled in school.  He was and still is behind and although now we are exploring some reasons why he's so behind when he's such a smart boy, I want to do everything I can to make sure Lucas doesn't start school already at a disadvantage.

Well, the commercials interested me enough to look into it further, and they offered a free month trial on the website.  It's about $8/mo so I figured we'd try it and see.  I can't complain about the price, considering I spend that much on Netflix every month, right? 

Well, it's been.. less than a week, but I know already that it's going to be worth it!  Luke LOVES all of the games and activities, in just two days his hand/eye coordination has improved from moving the mouse around, and he's recognizing new numbers and letters. 

There are different ways for him to learn.  He can follow the learning path, click around on different activities in the "classroom" or *I* can set up a curriculum for him.  He uses the classroom and learning path.  Each activity earns him tickets to use on decorations for virtual room, fish and decorations for his virtual aquarium, or hamsters and new mazes for his virtual hamsters lol!  It sounds kinda silly, but he LOVES his hamsters and he LOVES getting new decorations for his room.

The activities range from puzzles (10 levels of puzzle difficulty, Lucas is about a 5 or 6) to listening to stories or songs to color by numbers and dot to dots... SO FAR.  There are also some printables that he can really color here at home.

He's learning, he's having fun, and it's something that I feel good about letting him play on.

If you have a toddler to kindergartener I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it!  Here's a few screenshots of stuff for your consideration.  And the reason I'm posting this is because I debated for months before I looked further into it.. if I had known half of what I'm telling you guys I wouldn't have hesitated.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AromaDrops33
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I've also been debating getting this for my son, it looks really fun!

Nicoles2LilRams
by Nicole- Queen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM

$8/month.  And, yes, it's MUCH more comprehensive than anything I've seen, plus very user friendly when the user is a 3 yo

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

How much it? There are a lot of nice free websites for children but is this one better than the free stuff out there?

Nicoles2LilRams
by Nicole- Queen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM

it is!  go for the trial, you'll be hooked!  I mean, your kids will lol

Quoting AromaDrops33:

I've also been debating getting this for my son, it looks really fun!

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

8 bucks is not much at all, thanks, I may sign up for it for my three y/o

Quoting Nicoles2LilRams:

$8/month.  And, yes, it's MUCH more comprehensive than anything I've seen, plus very user friendly when the user is a 3 yo

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

How much it? There are a lot of nice free websites for children but is this one better than the free stuff out there?

nancym25
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

It looks like a great program and its not much. I would give it a try and see how he interacts with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)