Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How To Make A Harvest Wreath-Easy DIY Project!!

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 136 Total Views

We found everything we needed to make a fall wreath on our hike

We noticed a lot of dead, winding vines around tall trees

fall wreath My little guy asked if those vines were the same ones they sell at the craft stores (the ones arranged in circles, ovals, hearts, etc). I honestly didn't know and still don't, but they did look similar. Then my son asked, "Can we make a wreath with a dead vine?"

Wow! Out of the mouths of babes, as the saying goes!! He gave me a fresh idea for an awesome home interior
decorating idea for fall (thanks, Honey!): a fall wreath. I couldn't wait to share this idea with you.

We carefully unwound one of the dead vines until we had about ten feet (this is just an estimate; we didn't have a tape measure or anything like that with us). After removing a few crunchy dead leaves, we wound the vine around itself to make a circle. It wasn't perfect by any means, and I think that added to its charm.

As we continued out
hike, we collected wildflowers in bright purple, white, and yellow.

Once we were back at
home, we plucked some orange mums from the back garden. Using the stems, we threaded the flowers and weeds onto our dark brown vine. We did this quite whimsically, not putting any thought into color placement or anything too complicated; if it looked good and the stem held it on the vine, we added the flower or weed.

This project literally took less than an hour from start to finish and my son did the bulk of the creation. I hung our wreath on the front door, and received many compliments from my neighbors. One even asked where we bought it because she wanted one for her door, too! I could not believe how simple it was to make and yet how beautiful it came out!
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Pretty!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN