Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm gonna be a mean mommy :(

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 371 Total Views
I have never made zac eat something he hasn't wanted to and this has caused me to always have to cook 2 separate meals now. I'm tired of doing it and have decided that I'm gonna make him start eating what I cook. I have just spoiled him rotten and it's stuff that's he doesn't even know if he likes or not.
If he doesn't honestly like it then I won't force him to eat it but I'm gonna require that he take 5 bites of everything before he decides he doesn't like it.

Is this fair? Or no?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds fair, but I'd try making it more of a fun game then a "you HAVE to eat this much at least" kind of thing, I just feel like if you phrase it that way he'll look at it like a chore and not really give the food a chance if that makes sense..

Koam
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Fair. I'd make it like "wow, you get to eat what mommy eats, you're such a big boy!" Something like that, where he sees it as a good thing.

Our kiddo just turned 20 months and I got tired of making her separate stuff too so I just started cutting up what we ate into smaller pieces and I wouldn't give her anymore options. She has to try everything a few times and if she just doesn't like it fine but I can tell when she's just being difficult.
ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Sounds fair! I do that with dd with some things and I reward her with a treat afterward so I tell her "if you take at least X bites you can have (insert treat ) after"
Nicoles2LilRams
by Nicole- Queen on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I refuse to make a second meal!  If they don't want to eat what I make, they can skip dinner altogether.  One missed meal does not a starving child make

Nicoles2LilRams
by Nicole- Queen on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

lol and you think *you're* mean

JennaBea
by Suprina on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:10 PM

My oldest will eat any and everything.  My youngest when she was young was the same way, as she got older the pickiness began with the color thing.  She is still kinda of picky now, but she knows that she has to at least try it.  I also hide good foods in there where she won't notice :)

Mandy_yanna13
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM
This is how I am with my kids! But my DD has so many food allergies so I have to watch what I make.

Quoting JennaBea:

My oldest will eat any and everything.  My youngest when she was young was the same way, as she got older the pickiness began with the color thing.  She is still kinda of picky now, but she knows that she has to at least try it.  I also hide good foods in there where she won't notice :)

OliviasMom0518
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Completely fair. I am never starting the 2 meal deal. It's just to hard to make everyone happy. I would never make my child eat something she absolutely hates. But she should always give it a try.
JennaBea
by Suprina on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Got to be on top of that  :)

Quoting Mandy_yanna13: This is how I am with my kids! But my DD has so many food allergies so I have to watch what I make.

Quoting JennaBea:

Mandy_yanna13
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Oh yeah her biggest allergies are tomatoes, eggs, and milk ( just the ones with milk fat) and its hard to make a healthy supper for her because of this.

Quoting JennaBea:

Got to be on top of that  :)

Quoting Mandy_yanna13: This is how I am with my kids! But my DD has so many food allergies so I have to watch what I make.

Quoting JennaBea:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)