Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chore charts!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 218 Total Views
Zac is five and I'm starting a chore chart for him. It's simple things like

Clean bedroom, take clothes to washer, feed dogs (with my help of course), take dishes to sink, help take trash to the road and keep his bathroom straightened up.

Now I'm trying to figure out a reward system. I'm open to suggestions. I thought about doing a flat 5 - 10 dollars a week but what would I do if he threw a tantrum over having to do them?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tnt-manda
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:51 AM
I can honestly say I have tried a number of things, and our best system we have kept to is our money jugs.

We made cute money jugs. Each child has their own jug, they get xx amount for chores and such. I give change troughout the week as a good behavior thing too, like when they did something selfless, helped me without asking, etc...hubby usually comes in from work and empties his change in each as long as they have been good and done thier chores. It may seem like alotof praise, but really were talking change and I will say because we homeschool too, it makes me very strict and expecting a lot.

At the end of each month we go turn in all the change and they can spend or save it. It usually amounts up to $10.00. This is there favorite because they love to see who earned the most money. Not sure if that helps..
ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM

I obviously havent gotten to that point but I've read a lot of different hings and I think my favorite ide is to have a sticker system.  So you make a poster with all of the chores he has and then the week like a calander, every day you fill in each box with a sticker for every chore he did.  Then at the end of the week you count up the stickers and depending on the amoutn of stickers will dictate what his "reward" is.  which you can determine how you'd divide that up. 

JennaBea
by Suprina on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Good idea......rewards can be something that he likes.   I don't do tantrums, lol.  I ignore  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)