• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Old Were You The First Time You Found Out You Were Pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 392 Total Views

How old were you when you saw that little plus sign on the pregnancy test? What were the first thoughts that went through your mind? Did you tell your parents right away?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ollysmama08
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I was 13 when i found out with Olivia. I was so scared i didnt know what to do (my sisters were with me when i found out) so i right away told my parents. 

I was 17 when i found out with baby #2 i wasnt scared i was more nervous because i didnt know if i could handle 2. an i waited a little while to tell my parents.

BlondeMommy18
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Were you parents supporative?:)

Quoting Ollysmama08:

I was 13 when i found out with Olivia. I was so scared i didnt know what to do (my sisters were with me when i found out) so i right away told my parents. 

I was 17 when i found out with baby #2 i wasnt scared i was more nervous because i didnt know if i could handle 2. an i waited a little while to tell my parents.

Ollysmama08
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

the first time around they were supportive but dissapointed like they didn't shun me they helped me and encouraged me to keep doing what i was doing!! they were mored worried about what people would think i go to a small school and i was the first girl to get pregnant that year (lol that sounds so bad) and i was a freshman so it was hard.

this time around they were  very supportive and extremely happy!! not like a lets throw a party happy but they were happy for me. i knew i could do it!!

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

BlondeMommy18
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Well Im glad they were supporative, thats so important! Yea my dad was worried about people's reaction more than anything else too! 

Quoting Ollysmama08:

the first time around they were supportive but dissapointed like they didn't shun me they helped me and encouraged me to keep doing what i was doing!! they were mored worried about what people would think i go to a small school and i was the first girl to get pregnant that year (lol that sounds so bad) and i was a freshman so it was hard.

this time around they were  very supportive and extremely happy!! not like a lets throw a party happy but they were happy for me. i knew i could do it!!

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

BlondeMommy18
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I was 13 when I found out I was pregnant with Aria, I had her when I was 14. Then just 4 1/2 months later I found out I was pregnant again. It was a huge shock since I was on birth control...its never 100% haha. And when Noah was about 7 months old I found out I was pregnant with JaeJae:) My mom hasnt really been in the picture for a long time, but my dad was supporative and so was my boyfriend Ausin. He has never left me or the kids all these years and never will, I'm so thankful:)

AubreeG16
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I was 14 years old when I got my positvie test. I was scared, and ashamed, and just.. off. I didn't tell my parents right away. I waited, until my mom asked, and she took me to the doctors. The fact that it was twins made it all the more Scary.. (they were born 3 days after my 15th birthday.)
HyrulianHeroine
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM

and i was thinking abortion

my mom is the one who sensed i was pregnant. 

its amazing how much i didn't know about motherhood  until i was pregnant, after my mom settled down i was upset i even considered an abortion i wanted her the next day badly than ever!!

BlondeMommy18
by Group Owner on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I know what you mean:)

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

and i was thinking abortion

my mom is the one who sensed i was pregnant. 

its amazing how much i didn't know about motherhood  until i was pregnant, after my mom settled down i was upset i even considered an abortion i wanted her the next day badly than ever!!

BlondeMommy18
by Group Owner on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Yea I know what you mean about feeling "off". I felt the same way. Yea I can't imagine finding out it was twins when I was 14!! You are one brave mama

Quoting AubreeG16:

I was 14 years old when I got my positvie test. I was scared, and ashamed, and just.. off. I didn't tell my parents right away. I waited, until my mom asked, and she took me to the doctors. The fact that it was twins made it all the more Scary.. (they were born 3 days after my 15th birthday.)

baby_mama7
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM

i was 16 when i got my bfp with Dante and my hubby, then just bf, andi wre SO EXCITED. he was very much planned and we tried for like8 months before i even got pregnant. i didnt really care what anyone thought because this is all i have ever wanted. i told my whole family right away. everyone kinda already knew we wanted  baby so no one was really suprised or mad..except my mom. but everyone was very supportive during and after my pregnancy. he was born on my 17th bday, 7-22-2011. when Dante was about 6 months old i found out i was pregnant again and it was with Kaidyn who arrived on 10-22-2012 and everyone was kinda suprised lol and my mom about had a cow..but she loves him now that he is here plus im a married adult who is raising her children and we pay our own bills so it doesnt really mattr what anybody thinks now lol. i was scared th kaidyn but excited at the same time. i want to try for another hopefully a girl but hubby thinks we need to wait a bit lol, cant say i blame him, it gets pretty crazy sometimes.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)