Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Stories?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

Share your birth stories here please:)

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ollysmama08
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Its started at around 5 in the morning on December 1st 2008. i woke up to painful contractions, after the one stopped i got up to wake my mom up while i was walking down the hall my water had broken. At that point i just dropped to the floor and started hysterically crying which woke up my stepdad. He then woke up my mom and she called the DR. He told me to get cleaned up and head over to the hospital. 

When i got there my doctor was there he met us in lobby and walked to the 2nd floor with us. he imediatly checked me and i was 2cm. He came into the rom to check me about every hour. and after 5 hours i finally progressed to 3cm. He decided to put my on pitocin to try and get things moving, that seemed to do the trick! 

finally by 4pm i was ready to push. I tried puching for 45 minutes before the doctor said she was in distress and her heartbeat was dropping so they did an emergency c section. 

@6pm my beautiful baby girl Olivia Paige was born she was and still is perfect. In the middle of the night a nurse noticed she wasn't breathing right and they came to the conclusion that she had meconium aspiration. She basically breathed in meconium and amniotic fluid. She had to stay in the hospital for two weeks!!

Anyways thats a quick story of the birth of my baby girl!! 

I can't wait to hear everyone elses!! :)

BlondeMommy18
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Wow that must have been so scary when she wasn't breathing right! I can't imagine, Im so glad miss Oliva is okay:)

Quoting Ollysmama08:

Its started at around 5 in the morning on December 1st 2008. i woke up to painful contractions, after the one stopped i got up to wake my mom up while i was walking down the hall my water had broken. At that point i just dropped to the floor and started hysterically crying which woke up my stepdad. He then woke up my mom and she called the DR. He told me to get cleaned up and head over to the hospital. 

When i got there my doctor was there he met us in lobby and walked to the 2nd floor with us. he imediatly checked me and i was 2cm. He came into the rom to check me about every hour. and after 5 hours i finally progressed to 3cm. He decided to put my on pitocin to try and get things moving, that seemed to do the trick! 

finally by 4pm i was ready to push. I tried puching for 45 minutes before the doctor said she was in distress and her heartbeat was dropping so they did an emergency c section. 

@6pm my beautiful baby girl Olivia Paige was born she was and still is perfect. In the middle of the night a nurse noticed she wasn't breathing right and they came to the conclusion that she had meconium aspiration. She basically breathed in meconium and amniotic fluid. She had to stay in the hospital for two weeks!!

Ollysmama08
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM

lol so scary!! me too! shes my perfect little girl!! its just crazy that everything checked out perfectly and then this one nurse noticed her breathing pattern and caught something so serious!! forever grateful!!

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

Wow that must have been so scary when she wasn't breathing right! I can't imagine, Im so glad miss Oliva is okay:)

Quoting Ollysmama08:

BlondeMommy18
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww:) Yea that is so crazy, yes Im sure I would be too! What a miracle

Quoting Ollysmama08:

lol so scary!! me too! shes my perfect little girl!! its just crazy that everything checked out perfectly and then this one nurse noticed her breathing pattern and caught something so serious!! forever grateful!!

Quoting BlondeMommy18:

Quoting Ollysmama08:

BlondeMommy18
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Well I will just share my first birth story with Aria. 

I was doing homework, it was about 11 at night and I was starting to feel some discomfort in my stomach. It wasnt horrible it was just irritating. I didn't think much of it since I was only 37 weeks, so I just went to bed. I woke up at about 3 in the morning and was in excrutiating pain. The contractions were really strong and pretty close together, at least I thought lol. I called my dad from his room and he came in and helped me up and down to the car. We rushed to the hopsital. On the way I called Austin so he could meet us there.  My water broke in the car on the way there...lol. We got to the hospital and my doctor was waiting for us. 

We went up to the right floor and they got me checked in. My doctor checked me and I was already 5cm. They checked me every hour and finally by 9:00am I was ready to start pushing. I had already gotten an epidural so i was feeling pretty good. I pushed for about 50 minutes before little miss Aria Faith Taylor made her entrance into the world. She was perfect in every way. Im so thankful that she was healthy as could be and we left the hospital 2 days later. Austin and I are so blessed by our baby girl, she brings so much joy and love to our family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)