Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What’s your morning routine and how do you feel in the morning?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM
  • 283 Replies
3 moms liked this

Moms are busy in the morning juggling so many things! Tell us about your morning routine and how you manage to get everything done.

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane

BUMP!

Rushn311
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Monday, Wednesday and Friday are the days I must get ready to take my son to school. I shower the night before normally. My son's  clothes are picked out the night before, so all he has to do is eat, brush his teeth and get clothes on.

I get make up on, do hair and get clothes on. Takes about 40 minutes for us total and we are out the door!

pamelax3
1 mom liked this

I have to be to work by 8, so normally shower, make up and hair, unless I get upearly then I get an extra cup of coffee

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM

My morning routine: Up at 5:30, shower, dress. Kids up at 6:30, showered, dressed. Baby up at 7:00 and cleaned up and dressed. Out the door at 7:15 to drop the olders off at school. Then back home most of the time, unless there are any early morning appointments.

It's not that hard to get everything done when I don't have a lot to do. I have all day to get things done, lol.

sadiebrie

My morning routine is a mess!  Could definitely use some improvement!

My 4yr old wakes me up around 6 and we head downstairs for a cup of milk and cartoons...coffee for me! I then check my emails, FB and Cafemom.  Usually my 18mo wakes up within 30mins, and then the chaos begins.  Breakfast, get the boys dressed, clean up, get myself dressed and then off we go to drop my 4yr old off at pre-k. 

PISCIS29
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Well I wake up at 3:30 am to make lunch for dh then I try to catch some extra zzz before waking my two kids up for school at 6:45-7:00. I get dd 5 fed clothed and hair brushed then I get ds11 fed and prepared for school. I walk dd to bus stop hen gt back home squeeze in some yoga eat breakfast and shower, if I have time to do this early. I try to get myself lotioned up but with a 17 mos. old it's kinda hard. I deodorize myself clean the house laundry cook pick up dd at 12:00 play with he kids and have a family dinner. And if I have time I try to squeeze in a lil me time and lotion myself up to relax and begin the process all over again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
I wake up with my baby and nurse him while my husband gets our daughter up and dressed. Then I wake up my oldest and get breakfast for the kids. They eat and my oldest leaves for school and then I fix my daughters hair and get her to school. I usually don't get dressed until my baby takes his morning nap.....around 8 or 9 usually.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alison82

First I get my 8 year old up and ready for school. I wait for my 3 yearold to get up, then get things around the house done. I have little one sit in the bathroom and color while I shower. :) If I dont have a busy day, I like to stay in comfy clothes all day.

weberbaby

I'm not much of a morning person honestly.  I like the weekends when my husband gets up with the kids!  But Monday thru Friday I get up with our 5yo, 2yo, and newborn.  First thing I do is get the kids breakfast, if that's not first thing in the morning then they get cranky and can't calm down.  They get cereal and OJ and I get coffee.  I check my email while they eat.  After food they usually play a bit, then get dressed for preschool.  After they are all ready to go I'll put the TV on (PBS usually) and I'll attempt to dress myself in jeans and a t-shirt as quick as possible.  If I take my time they invade my bedroom and it takes me four times as long to get dressed because they want to play with everything.  The preschooler goes to school, the toddler naps, and the newborn... well she still sleeps all the time anyway!  It's only then, several hours into our day, that I get a moment of rest.

tscritch

My weekday morning routine is get up, make coffee, make sure she eats breakfast, feed the little ones if they are awake. Then I get my oldest ready for school, take her and drop her off. Depending on what my day has in store is when/how I get ready. If it's a cleaning sort of day then I come home and do what needs done, usually in sweat pants and t-shirt. If I have appts or play dates then I come home and get ready, usually jeans and shirt.  I try to shower at night after the kids are in bed since getting ready for me is never really a peaceful time, it's full of "can I try that? Can I wear that? What is that? I need this, I need that, mom, mom, mom!!!"....you get the idea lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)