Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Proposing

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
How did you get proposed to? Or did you do it?

Super romantic story here ::rolls eyes::

He told me to look out for a package in the mail, it arrived, I called him at work to tell him it had gotten there and he told me to leave it alone. He gets home that night and hands me the box, "here I thought you would of opened it, (hands me the package still wrapped) its your ring wanna get married"? All while I'm still opening the package. He's not romantic by any means but he's a keeper!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM
We took a train from CT to NY. Went to lunch (sushi) and took in the sights. We were at Times Square and having coffee in a quaint little place. He grabs my hand and places a box in it. He asked me to make him the happiest man in the world.
TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

We went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant, and then for a walk by the river.  He proposed while we were on the bridge over the river.  I remember worrying that the ring would fall into the water!

loveTHEviking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

No romantic story here. Just a regular old get down on one knee proposal :). My DH is by no means romantic either BUT he's very sweet & super loveable so I guess I'll keep him a little while longer :). 

collinsmommy0
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
We went on a 3 week Europe trip (backpacking but staying in cheap hotels).

One night we were staying in this little town on an island in Greece. We were the 'Americans' in town & hardly anyone spoke more than broken English.

We got gyros & beer & were eating on the balcony of our $35/night 'hotel' room with a view of the sea (more like an extra room in someone's house). DH proposed then.

Numom61507
by Tina on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM

No story at all. He said "Maybe you should start ring shopping". I picked out my ring and he handed it to me in the jewelry store. I put it on my finger. 

Vertical15
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM

It was my birthday and he gave me my gift before we left to take the kinds to his parents house so we could go out for dinner.  He gave me this huge box (after weeks of telling me he couldn't wait to give me this present!) It was a blow dryer.

I HAD been complaining that mine was going so I was greatful but a bit let down!

We went to dinner and everything was normal until dessert.  He didn't get down on one knee but he leaned in very close and asked me with the ring in his hands.

Also not a romantic but its my story :)

huneebadger
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM

We were going to our bosses house in Key Largo for a vacation and he proposed in their pool by a waterfall. It was funny as we flew from Toronto to Miami and he kept having to move the ring as I kept getting close to finding it. He also had a hard time getting me into the pool as it was late and I did not want to get my hair wet!! I have long curly hair and it is work to get it combed and dried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)