Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding bells

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM
  • 30 Replies
Tell us about you wedding day.
Any bridezilla stories?
Anything horrible to share?
Love stories?!
Spill it!

I have yet to get married so ill read your stories :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I got married in jeans and slippers in my living room. DH and I are renewing our vows next year.
collinsmommy0
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I got married at a restaurant on the ocean in San Francisco. It was freezing even though it was July!
loveTHEviking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I got married at a gorgeous park. We got married on December 18th & the weather was amazing. I had a strapless dress on in the middle of Winter lol. That's Florida for ya lol. Since it was around Christmas the gazebo had a big tree decorated we got married in the gazebo in front of the tree :).
TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM

My parents at my wedding.  This is one of my favorite pictures of them.

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM

No bridezilla.  We planned and did everything ourselves.  We were married in (then) his backyard (which is now ours).  Our friends and neighbors pitched in to help clean up the yard, and he built an arbor and a bridge for me :).  My SIL put together all of the food and the beautiful cake, and even sewed my niece's dress when we couldn't find one like the other bridesmaids'.  I made all the bouquets and boutonnieres, and we even did the invitations together.

It was a beautiful wedding, and a beautiful sunny day.  Two of the little girls, who were our flower girls, just started bawling about halfway through the wedding.  That was kind of crazy!  And I didn't realize until later when we saw the video that our fat beagle had decided that she needed to be a part of things and had plopped herself down on the cement and snoozed through the ceremony. 

Also, the friend who was running the music had everyone stand when I came in, but I never noticed that no one asked them to sit, and no one sat!  It's a good thing it was a short wedding, because all of the guests were standing for the entire thing!

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Niece and Nephew

Becca is 12 now

This is our oldest daughter with her fiance

Hannah is 11 now.

Our son and our teenager, now 27 and 16.  As you can probably tell, we are a blended family :).

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM

My two maids of honor and the snoozing beagle

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I missed this one in the procession!  This is our youngest, who is now 9 (10 in 2 weeks).

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Dad walking me down the aisle, and Paul walking be back up the aisle after the ceremony :).

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

We used the music ribbon because we love music, and music is part of what brought us together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)