Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How'd you find out?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 9 Replies
You were pregnant?
We're you surprised?
Was it planned?
First person you told?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jrs_mama
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
With Jr, I was late on my period and became really attached to John to the point where I would cry when he left my parents. I was very much surprised, we were planning yet we weren't preventing. John was the first to know, he told both my parents I was pregnant.

With Allison, she was planned. It took us only one month to conceive her, and we were very happy, John was in the restroom when I peed on the stick.

With Matthew took 3 months to conceive, he was planned as well. My best friend was the first to know. John was 2nd.

We're done having kids, he went and got a vasectomy.
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM
My son was a surprise and I didn't find out until almost 5 months. I was on BC and didn't feel anything. My mom knew first.

My daughter was planned and it only took 6 months. Hubby was the first to know. I took the test and had my brother look to see how many lines he saw. Poor guy was barely awake. He said two! I was jumping for joy and called DH right away.
loveTHEviking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I took a HPT w/ both my boys.

W/ Ian I wasn't surpised b/c he was planned but w/ Thomas I was b/c we wanted another just didn't expect it to happen so fast lol. The first person I told when I was pregnant w/ Ian was my Aunt I believe & the first person I told w/ Thomas beides DH was my brother & his wife. They were living w/ us at the time.

Quoting Jrs_mama:

You were pregnant?
We're you surprised?
Was it planned?
First person you told?

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

It was a surprise!  I was afraid that I couldn't have children. 

collinsmommy0
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Both were planned. DS took 6 months to get pregnant and this baby happened on the first try. Like we tried once during the month without protection. We were going to start officially trying 2 months later.

Both I just suspected it & peed on a stick.
Numom61507
by Tina on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I was visiting a friend in PA and we were at a mall. On our way out to the car, my legs just started to hurt like crazy. This was pain I had never felt before. I could barely walk and it was so embarrassing. 

No it wasn't planned. She came home from our honeymoon with us. A friend of mine brought over a multi-pack of tests. After 3 positives, I was still drinking iced tea hoping for a negative. I called my husband who was at work. 

A few days later, I asked my Mom for the number to her OB. A week later, I brought over a sono pic. 

Vertical15
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM

With my first?

You were pregnant?  I knew I was late-took a pee test. 
We're you surprised?  Very.
Was it planned? Not in the least.
First person you told? The baby daddy. 

Vertical15
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Second-

You were pregnant? Pee test.
We're you surprised?  No
Was it planned? YES!
First person you told?  Husband

Vertical15
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Third-

You were pregnant? Pee test, after test, after test!
We're you surprised?  Yes, but in a good way.
Was it planned? Yes, just didn't expect it to be so fast!
First person you told? Husband

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)