Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids names

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM
  • 11 Replies
How did they get their names?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jrs_mama
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Jr is Juan Manuel Jr. After his daddy. I liked the name Benjamin but we couldn't agree on a middle name so we went with Jr.

Allison was nameless for 3 hours after birth. We didn't know what we were having. So if it was a boy it was going to be Ira Matthew. And a girl I liked the name Clarissa Adali. John had nothing to do with the name Clarissa and since I had picked the middle name already we agreed he could pick the first name. So he picked Allison, fits her perfect.

And the baby is Matthew Benjamin. Since we were going to name Allison Matthew if she was a boy we stuck with the name Matthew because we love the name. And Benjamin is from my cousin that is 3 months older than I am. We grew up being really close and he got married half a month before I delivered and I couldn't make it to his wedding, so I named him after my cousin. And it was also the name we had originally like from kid #1
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:04 AM
My son Daniel Robert is named after two uncles. My uncle Dan and my BIL Robert.

My daughter was named Calleigh after a character in CSI Miami (the blonde southern girl). Beatrice is after her grandmother.

If we have another (fingers crossed) a boy will be named Samuel, after his grandfather. A girl we haven't decided on a first name but the middle name will be Louise, after my mom.
loveTHEviking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Our first son we picked his name out of a baby book & his middle name is the same as daddy/DH & that's how we got Ian Allen.

My second son is named after DH's grandpa & my grandpa & that's how we got Thomas Joseph :). 

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Family names and a Wyoming town.

Numom61507
by Tina on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM

While I was pregnant, I watched a lot of tv because I was on bedrest most of it. I was watching a reality show on mtv (I know!). The girl's name was Davina. I looked it up and it means "Beloved". Her middle name is Ireland because that's where we went on our honeymoon. Davina Ireland.

My dogs: Jordan is named after Jordan Knight from New Kids on the Block (I chose). Cheyenne is named after her owners (husband-named). Eli-Princess is named after Eli Manning (Mini chose). 

Vertical15
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM

10yo - Kristian Michael

I just had a list of names I liked and picked Kristian when he was born.  Michael is after my Dad.  I was a single mom when he was born.

5yo - Kaeden Christopher

My husband and I wanted to connect the boys in some way and decided to stay with K names and Christopher is my husband's name.  His family has a theme of giving the first son the father's name as his middle name.

3yo - Kowen Anthony

Kowen was actually found in the Wookieepedia!  LOL  Anthony is my FIL's middle name.

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Ethan Marcus- Marcus we had picked out for forever. His godfather's name is Marc. We actually had a completely different first name picked for him and we both loved it but everyone else hated it so right before we left the hospital dh picked Ethan. Im not a big fan of it but I guess its ok.
Jrs_mama
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:22 AM
How do you pernounce Kowens name?

Quoting Vertical15:

10yo - Kristian Michael

I just had a list of names I liked and picked Kristian when he was born.  Michael is after my Dad.  I was a single mom when he was born.

5yo - Kaeden Christopher

My husband and I wanted to connect the boys in some way and decided to stay with K names and Christopher is my husband's name.  His family has a theme of giving the first son the father's name as his middle name.

3yo - Kowen Anthony

Kowen was actually found in the Wookieepedia!  LOL  Anthony is my FIL's middle name.

Jrs_mama
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:24 AM
My first name is Louise, after my daddy. But I've always gone by my middle name Bernadette. Only my mom calls me Berna and all my inlaws call me Bea, everyone else uses the full name Bernadette.

Quoting mamamedic69:

My daughter was named Calleigh after a character in CSI Miami (the blonde southern girl). Beatrice is after her grandmother.

If we have another (fingers crossed) a boy will be named Samuel, after his grandfather. A girl we haven't decided on a first name but the middle name will be Louise, after my mom.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I like the name Bernadette. I'm not named after anyone.

Quoting Jrs_mama:

My first name is Louise, after my daddy. But I've always gone by my middle name Bernadette. Only my mom calls me Berna and all my inlaws call me Bea, everyone else uses the full name Bernadette.

Quoting mamamedic69:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)