Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Vacation!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 18 Replies
What would be your ideal vacation?
Any particular spot?

My ideal vacation would be spent near water. A beach with beautiful blue water.

I like different things but I prefer a vacation where we don't have to be on the move all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I've always wanted to go to the Caymans just to see if the water is that color.  And Australia...

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I've seen pictures and would love to go. Australia sounds like an interesting place to vacation. Not sure about kangaroo's lol.

Quoting TigerofMu:

I've always wanted to go to the Caymans just to see if the water is that color.  And Australia...

loveTHEviking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I love our vacations to DisneyWorld! :)

The beach is always a good spot too! 

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I love love love Disney! I get so tired that I need a vacation from the vacation. Lol

Quoting loveTHEviking:

I love our vacations to DisneyWorld! :)

The beach is always a good spot too! 

collinsmommy0
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
A nice hotel, with a pool, by the ocean, where its warm.

We did our honeymoon in Hawaii & that was an awesome vacation. Awesome pool, nice hotel, nice weather, fun things to do nearby.

Since then (per DHs request), we've been renting houses when we go somewhere. We've rented 2 houses the last 2 years. I really don't enjoy it as much - we have to cook, clean up after ourselves, and its just not as enjoyable to me.
collinsmommy0
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Oh I'd like to go on a cruise too. We can get decent deals because sometimes Alaskan cruises leave out of San Francisco and I'm not working right now.....so we *could* do an Alaskan cruise last minute, with the cheaper prices they post last minute.

DH absolutely refuses to go on a cruise. Refuses. I told him when the kids are older (now almost 2 & not born yet), I'm just going to go on one me & the boys. DH said 'fine, go for it. Have fun getting norovirus!'

He's no fun, clearly
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM
DH and I are planning some sort of vacation next year. I would love to go on a cruise!!

We are renewing our vows so its gotta be something special.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Oh I'd like to go on a cruise too. We can get decent deals because sometimes Alaskan cruises leave out of San Francisco and I'm not working right now.....so we *could* do an Alaskan cruise last minute, with the cheaper prices they post last minute.

DH absolutely refuses to go on a cruise. Refuses. I told him when the kids are older (now almost 2 & not born yet), I'm just going to go on one me & the boys. DH said 'fine, go for it. Have fun getting norovirus!'

He's no fun, clearly
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I actually would prefer a house over a hotel. Less issues with getting dietary restricted foods out.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

We did our honeymoon in Hawaii & that was an awesome vacation. Awesome pool, nice hotel, nice weather, fun things to do nearby.

Since then (per DHs request), we've been renting houses when we go somewhere. We've rented 2 houses the last 2 years. I really don't enjoy it as much - we have to cook, clean up after ourselves, and its just not as enjoyable to me.

collinsmommy0
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM
That's one of our big issues too with DSs allergies.

In Hawaii, we stayed at a condo hotel. So basically it's a condo complex, where a lot of the owners *rent* it through a company that runs it like a hotel. So, room service, front desk, etc. had an awesome pool & a restaurant on site. It's a nice compromise - we ate most breakfasts there & packed lunches for wherever we were going

Quoting mamamedic69:

I actually would prefer a house over a hotel. Less issues with getting dietary restricted foods out.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Sounds nice. I've never been yo Hawaii but its on my bucket list.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

That's one of our big issues too with DSs allergies.

In Hawaii, we stayed at a condo hotel. So basically it's a condo complex, where a lot of the owners *rent* it through a company that runs it like a hotel. So, room service, front desk, etc. had an awesome pool & a restaurant on site. It's a nice compromise - we ate most breakfasts there & packed lunches for wherever we were going

Quoting mamamedic69:

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)