Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO NOT DISTURB.

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 39 Replies

I feel like everything I've written up until this point has been a lie.

Okay, a lie is kind of a strong term. I really am an early bird. I'm HUGE on lists. Getting ready the night before is important in my house. But lately? Lately is just a different story.

"Lately" kind of encompasses, say, the last month. See, my baby boy is due in late May/early June time frame, so I can't really say that I'm up (willingly) at the crack of dawn. I don't bounce out of bed. (I roll, with much grunting and moaning and anger.) I'm not a ball of sunshine.

My husband - who is a godsend of a husband, truly - understands this. The nature of my job has me at the office more than an hour before he's awake during the work week, so he allows me to sleep in on the weekends.

AND Y'ALL, THIS IS MY SACRED TIME.

I love my kids. I love being a mom. I love everything about it. But I DEPLORE pregnancy, and my sacred time? Is just that. There is no reason for you to wake me up. NO REASON.

Are you bleeding from the head?

Has there been amputation of a limb?

WHERE IS YOUR FATHER?

These questions are what you'll be riddled with if you dare enter my bedroom on a weekend morning.  I felt guilty about this during my second trimester, but then I realized that I raised these children. I've given up COUNTLESS nights of sleep for them. I've rocked babies through ear infections, stomach flu, and night terrors. I've paced the house with colic, made bottles at all hours of the night, and run to the all-night pharmacy for cough medicine. I'VE PAID MY DUES, IS WHAT I'M SAYING HERE.

So if I want to sleep in for an hour on Saturday morning?

DO NOT DISTURB.

Do you have sacred time in your bedroom? Is it bedtime or early morning?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinRox
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM

My sacred time is late at night, when the kids are in bed and my house is completely quiet. 

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:33 AM

me too. and it's actually something i miss about dh being gone all week for work. that delicious feeling of having the house all to myself to read, sleep, or watch a chick flick with no one watching or wanting anything. i can't really sleep in. i hear everything. every little tantrum from ds sparks anxiety in me. fortunately for me, ds usually sleeps in at least once a week and currently i'm a sahm, so i almost always get to enjoy that. :)

Quoting KristinRox:

My sacred time is late at night, when the kids are in bed and my house is completely quiet. 

KristinRox
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Thats the good thing about my kids.. they all like to sleep in. So the weekends I get to stay up late, and then other days I get up and get the older kids ready for school and me and the baby sleep. I love it that way. 

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

me too. and it's actually something i miss about dh being gone all week for work. that delicious feeling of having the house all to myself to read, sleep, or watch a chick flick with no one watching or wanting anything. i can't really sleep in. i hear everything. every little tantrum from ds sparks anxiety in me. fortunately for me, ds usually sleeps in at least once a week and currently i'm a sahm, so i almost always get to enjoy that. :)

Quoting KristinRox:

JOIN US ON:

EthansMomma2010
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM

that's great that all you kids sleep in! if ds could figure out how to change his diaper or use the potty he could totally get himself up and turn on disney for himself and let me sleep. lol.

Quoting KristinRox:

Thats the good thing about my kids.. they all like to sleep in. So the weekends I get to stay up late, and then other days I get up and get the older kids ready for school and me and the baby sleep. I love it that way. 

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting KristinRox:

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM
My time is when my dd is in bed. I will take a nice shower before watching a show or movie. I don't have the luxury of sleeping in, that's a daddy thing.
goddess99
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I do, my bedroom is my sanctuary. I go to bed an hour or so before I'm going to sleep and I stay in bed until the latest possible moment.

GwenMB
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I love when I can sleep in a bit in the morning.  Its so hard to manage, though, the boys always think they need MOM!  Not Dad, MOM!

TerriC
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Basically bedtime only with little ones.

dusky_rose
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I wish, but sometimes my 5 year old son will crawl into bed with me after having a bad dream.

dusky_rose
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM

My son always wants mom too. *sigh*

Quoting GwenMB:

I love when I can sleep in a bit in the morning.  Its so hard to manage, though, the boys always think they need MOM!  Not Dad, MOM!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)