Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
We're FINALLY getting things started on fixing our house up!!! Bought my new washer and dryer set yesterday and we're on our way to Lowe's to buy painting supplies so I can start painting the laundry room. Started the demo on the shop today, ripped down to nothing but the frame, and the guys are coming back out tomorrow to start putting up the new walls. Have another guy coming out to measure doors so we can have a new front door and new interior doors installed in the next few days. And the contractor is coming out on Thursday to work up and estimate for everything else (floors, walls, ceilings, the whole nine yards)!!!!!

We're living in a house that's been passed down through the family since the 1940's, and it needs a LOT of work! My idiot SIL rented it out while she had it, and it's trashed!! I'm so excited!!!!!
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Yay!  It's a long process, but the progress is so rewarding! 

leanntx
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I'm just ready for SOME progress, lol, we're headed home now and I get to start painting!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Yay!  It's a long process, but the progress is so rewarding! 

collinsmommy0
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Nice! It seems to be the season for fixing up the house!  A new washer & dryer is always exciting! 

leanntx
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
It definitely is! I'm ready to get started!

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Nice! It seems to be the season for fixing up the house!  A new washer & dryer is always exciting! 

Vertical15
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Thats so exciting!

loveTHEviking
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Woo hoo :)!

thecoffeefairy
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM
How exciting! I did a lot of work on my DH and my office building. It's so rewarding having everything just as you want it! Post some before, during and after pics!
leanntx
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I will! Having to get actual laundry out of the way before I start painting the laundry room, lol. But I can definitely post pictures of the old and new front door! The bathroom renovation won't be for another three months 😒 but at least we finally found a contractor willing to come out and do the work!

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

How exciting! I did a lot of work on my DH and my office building. It's so rewarding having everything just as you want it! Post some before, during and after pics!

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Yay! I cant wait to start on our house in June :)
KristinRox
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:47 AM

yay.. so glad that youre able to start to make it what you want it to be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN