Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Know You're Old When...

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 56 Replies

My younger sisters (16 & 18) and I were talking about rude people in general when I started to tell them about a former roommate. I said "Yeah. He came busting through the door like the Kool-Aid Man. OH YEAH!" 

They looked at me and said "Huh?" *facepalm*

I can't be THAT old can I? HAHA

Do you say anything to younger siblings, cousins, friends, etc that make them scratch their heads? Just curious.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collinsmommy0
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Lol. Yes - I taught 5th & 6th graders when I was mid 20s. Even then they had no clue about certain things. Never mind the last 8 years when I taught (& the kids knew about things like angry birds & random Internet things)
TigerofMu
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I tried to explain 8 tracks one day.  And there is a rotary telephone in our museum that just tickles them silly. 

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM

omg. i'm only 23 and i know the kool aid man. dh is pissed that they changed him to the new kool aid guy. lol

Numom61507
by Tina on May. 8, 2013 at 1:09 AM

If I didn't have a nephew who was into angry birds, I would have had no idea what it was.. It's crazy what kids know about these days!

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Lol. Yes - I taught 5th & 6th graders when I was mid 20s. Even then they had no clue about certain things. Never mind the last 8 years when I taught (& the kids knew about things like angry birds & random Internet things)

Numom61507
by Tina on May. 8, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I still have a bunch of cassettes. Mini found them one day and asked what they were. She calls them "the cd you flip over". LOL

Quoting TigerofMu:

I tried to explain 8 tracks one day.  And there is a rotary telephone in our museum that just tickles them silly. 

Numom61507
by Tina on May. 8, 2013 at 1:11 AM

They're changing everything from when we were kids. I hate watching some of the redone cartoons now. It makes me mad! 

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

omg. i'm only 23 and i know the kool aid man. dh is pissed that they changed him to the new kool aid guy. lol

loveTHEviking
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM

I remember the kool aid man! I remember cartoons from when I was younger. Sometimes my brother remembers them & sometimes he looks at me like "WTF are you talking about" lol.

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

yah. it's sad :( Idk what to do when ethan outgrows disney jr because everything else is crap. i feel bad but i'm gonna have to ban tv. I mean not that we do a lot of tv, but i feel bad completely banning it. seriously, i would rather have him watch our shows than watch what the kids these days watch though.

Quoting Numom61507:

They're changing everything from when we were kids. I hate watching some of the redone cartoons now. It makes me mad! 

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

mamamedic69
by Deanna on May. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

My dd thought that a camera with film in it was funny. I was taking pictures and she asked to see them and I told her we had to wait to get them developed. Her response was "that's strange!"

Numom61507
by Tina on May. 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My brother is a year older than me and sometimes forgets..

Quoting loveTHEviking:

I remember the kool aid man! I remember cartoons from when I was younger. Sometimes my brother remembers them & sometimes he looks at me like "WTF are you talking about" lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)