Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What tips do you have for getting your teenager out the door?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 66 Replies

After getting three kids out the door, Denise barely has time to get herself ready in the morning.  In this episode of Max the Morning, Nia gives Denise a helping hand with her tornado of teenagers. 

What tips do you have for getting your teenager out the door?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM

There's no video =( I don't have a teen yet but thankfully I haven't run into too many problems getting my 10 year old out the door in the morning.

loveTHEviking
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I don't have a teenager yet. I've got about 6 more years to go on that as my oldest is only 6 lol.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I do not have a teen yet : )

MamaMandee
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM
My teen gets up on her own & even starts the coffee...during the school year. Summers I let her sleep in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM

They need to have their clothes and such laid out the night before, backpacks ready to go and a good alarm clock.

Rushn311
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Plan the morning before is  the best advice given and they are teens, why should mom being giving them help besides feeding them. Independence is what these teens need.

Bmat
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I made the responsibility theirs. If they can't rely on someone else to get them up and moving, then they have to rely on themselves.

Leelee1008
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I have a preteenager LOL. He is 12 and he is a pain to get moving in the morning. I have to keep on him and have things ready for him in order to get him out the door.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Train them when they are young. Much fewer problems later. I don't have my own teen yet but I haveseen this played out over and over on families. I do however have trouble getting my duh out the door. We are going to make to do lists and post them in our house so he can't forget what he is doing next. :)
TigerofMu
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM

My teenager has a job, so if she doesn't get up and get moving, she has a bigger problem than me!  She gets up early so she can help with her part of the at home chores before she heads to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN