Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One of the featured posts on the home page got me thinking about bras. What kind of bra do you wear and do you like it? to say I have issues with bras is an understatement. First, there's the issue of my nipples always being "on". :( Then there is the ego issue of losing 2 cup sizes despite only nursing for 4 weeks. :( Oh and then there is the issue of how expensive they are. :( Then there is the fact that pretty much every sports bra is out because racerback styles give me neck aches and well see issue number 1 for the rest. :(

Did you count that? 4 frown faces. What is a girl to do?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Charizma77
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I order mine though Lame Bryant and love their bras.

elasmimi
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I haven't found a wire free bra with enough support, and I (like most women) am a little bigger on one side, so the underwires always pke me on that side.

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:57 AM

i just want to wear a bra that doesn't have 100 lbs of stuffing to prevent my nipples showing through. :( i need the underwire at the very least when i'm riding, but really prefer it all the time. just cuz i'm not huge doesn't mean i want to bounce. lol

Quoting elasmimi:

I haven't found a wire free bra with enough support, and I (like most women) am a little bigger on one side, so the underwires always pke me on that side.

mrswillie
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I love Victoria Secret. I use to hate bras. I couldn't find one I like. With VS you can try them on. I tried many different styles before I purchased one. The also have semi-annual sales where the bras are much cheaper.

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM

i have mostly bras from there and i still hate them. lol. I really can't wait to move home. Aerie was my absolute favorite for bras, but we don't have one where I live now. Aerie was the only place that made bras for my size when i was a 32 D. Now I need them to remeasure me, but I feel like they are gonna be my favorite again. So much yummy cotton!!!!

Quoting mrswillie:

I love Victoria Secret. I use to hate bras. I couldn't find one I like. With VS you can try them on. I tried many different styles before I purchased one. The also have semi-annual sales where the bras are much cheaper.

timon95
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

i wear a cheap one from walmart - they are just too darn expensive

Numom61507
by Tina on May. 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I bought this awesome bra right before Fashion Bug went out of business. It fit so well! I wash it and the cups shrank. I was so mad! I hate bra shopping..

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM

ugh!!! that is the worst! i handwash and line dry all of mine in woolite to prevent that

Quoting Numom61507:

I bought this awesome bra right before Fashion Bug went out of business. It fit so well! I wash it and the cups shrank. I was so mad! I hate bra shopping..

TigerofMu
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I check the clearance racks at Kohl's and Ross and pretty much buy anything I see in my size.  I don't like the thin ones because I like to have that layer of padding also.  I don't necessarily stick to one style, because it seems like they change, and because of the cost issue...

Numom61507
by Tina on May. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never had that problem before! I told my sister I kind of knew it was going to happen. Bras never fit perfectly LOL

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

ugh!!! that is the worst! i handwash and line dry all of mine in woolite to prevent that

Quoting Numom61507:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN