Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Play doh

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
I bought Collin some play doh awhile back. It's already dry and yucky to play with! I was surprised that it has dried out so quickly. I've made some at home before and it has t dried out nearly as fast.

Do you buy play doh, make it at home, or use clay or something else instead?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on May. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM

We actually do both. My girl loves to make play doh!

loveTHEviking
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I buy Play-Doh for the boys. I a;ways keep it sealed tight in the container and it satays good for awhile. We don't play with it all that much, maybe a few times a week.

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I usually make it but I bought some cheap stuff from Walmart awhile back and its lasted a really long time!
collinsmommy0
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Maybe it's where I live, then? It's really dry here.....or that we don't use it enough - I took it out maybe a month ago & opened it, then we put it away for a month, now it's dry-ish.
Numom61507
by Tina on May. 25, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I avoid play-doh like the plague! Sorry but I can't stand the stuff. If someone else buys it for Mini, she plays with it but I don't buy it. 

Vertical15
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

We buy it and make it.  It does dry out quickly if not put back into the original containers.  We also then put it in a plastic tub which seems to help.

TigerofMu
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Make it at home when we use it.
aneela
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM
buy....but havent in a while
cabrandy03
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We do both.  Dd has some store bought stuff but we like to make it at home sometimes too.

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM

My dd has some, but hasn't played with it in a while.  Hers seems to last forever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)