Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

slow poke

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 11 Replies
I know ive mentioned this before but geez my kid is slow in the morning. And he is so routine oriented that I cant just change it. If I want to lie around one day we have to lie around everyday. If I want to get going one day we would have to get going right away everyday. Grrrr
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loveTHEviking
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Ian is a slowpoke in the morning too. I set a timer for him and it seems to help him get motivated :). We slack a little on the weekends.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on May. 26, 2013 at 9:28 AM
My girl is usually the slow one except today she wanted her hair done first thing this morning. So at 7am I'm sitting braiding her hair. I'm hoping she doesn't want this every morning at 7am.
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Can you give some examples of how you use it? Ethan has zero concept of time or a need to rush.

Quoting loveTHEviking:

Ian is a slowpoke in the morning too. I set a timer for him and it seems to help him get motivated :). We slack a little on the weekends.

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM

haha!

Quoting mamamedic69:

My girl is usually the slow one except today she wanted her hair done first thing this morning. So at 7am I'm sitting braiding her hair. I'm hoping she doesn't want this every morning at 7am.

collinsmommy0
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
We are slow in the morning too. Getting out of the house before 9:30 rarely happens.....but DS usually doesn't wake up until 7:30-8 right now, I'm guessing if we woke up earlier we could get out of the house earlier.

When we are in a rush, we just skip things. Like ill skip a shower or we will bring cereal with us out - but Collin is flexible so I can do that.

We got a schkidules (spelling?) as a gift for DS & don't use it, but that may help move him along faster. My SIL uses a checklist for her older child who is slow in the am
collinsmommy0
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Mobile Photo

It's a board & came with icon magnets
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM
That is so awesome! Wanna sell it to me? Lol. We do a bottle of carnations breakfast if we need yo skip breakfast but then he is just off the rest of the day.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Mobile Photo

It's a board & came with icon magnets
loveTHEviking
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

On a school day I wake him up at 6:15. He has to be on the bus around 7:15, 7:20. I use the timer to give him a ceratin amount of time for everything he does in the morning. From everything to eating breakfast to getting dressed to brushing his teeth to watching cartoons. In the afternoon the only time I don't use the timer is when we're doing homework and dinnertime, we never rush dinner since we all sit together as a family to eat. The timer gets used at bathtime and then he knows that after bathtime it's bedtime.

On the weekends when I use the timer I use it to monitor his tv watching and playing. I do this during the week too but I tend to let everything else slide since it's the weekend :).

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Can you give some examples of how you use it? Ethan has zero concept of time or a need to rush.

Quoting loveTHEviking:

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing!

Quoting loveTHEviking:

On a school day I wake him up at 6:15. He has to be on the bus around 7:15, 7:20. I use the timer to give him a ceratin amount of time for everything he does in the morning. From everything to eating breakfast to getting dressed to brushing his teeth to watching cartoons. In the afternoon the only time I don't use the timer is when we're doing homework and dinnertime, we never rush dinner since we all sit together as a family to eat. The timer gets used at bathtime and then he knows that after bathtime it's bedtime.

On the weekends when I use the timer I use it to monitor his tv watching and playing. I do this during the week too but I tend to let everything else slide since it's the weekend :).

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting loveTHEviking:

mamamedic69
by Deanna on May. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Tonight as I was unbraiding her hair she asking me to do it again tomorrow. Lol!!!

I think I'll just do a French braid instead of two braided pigtails.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

haha!

Quoting mamamedic69:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN