Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much laundry do you do?

Posted by   + Show Post
We have 3 people in our family right now (baby #2 due in August!). I do diaper laundry (cloth diaper) 2-3 times a week, clothes laundry 2-3 times a week (more now since we to to the pool a few times a week), and sheets or towels 1-2 loads a week

So basically every day I do 1-4 loads of laundry. I try to have 1 or 2 laundry free days a week.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Replies (11-16):
EthansMomma2010
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Pretty much daily right now because we are living out of suitcases. Im not sure what it will even out to when our stuf gets here since I havent had my own washer in 2 years!
Numom61507
by Tina on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I feel like I do a ridiculous amount of laundry for only 3 people! We do it once a week and end up with anywhere from 3-6 loads depending if Mini is having a "model" week with outfit changes 3x a day.

collinsmommy0
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
We don't have enough clothes to last that long - DS has 5 pairs of pjs, I think, so that's when I do his laundry (out of pj time).

I'm pregnant & only bought 5 maternity t-shirts - I just can't imagine having a huge amount of t-shirts just for a few months. So we do the parent laundry every 4-5 days.

Quoting Numom61507:

I feel like I do a ridiculous amount of laundry for only 3 people! We do it once a week and end up with anywhere from 3-6 loads depending if Mini is having a "model" week with outfit changes 3x a day.

Numom61507
by Tina on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM

T-shirts are the one thing we have a lot of. Pants? Not so much but my husband and I double-wear pants. 

Quoting collinsmommy0:

We don't have enough clothes to last that long - DS has 5 pairs of pjs, I think, so that's when I do his laundry (out of pj time).

I'm pregnant & only bought 5 maternity t-shirts - I just can't imagine having a huge amount of t-shirts just for a few months. So we do the parent laundry every 4-5 days.

Quoting Numom61507:

TigerofMu
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM
A load a day keeps CHAOS away...we do several loads a day. Generally the washer and/or dryer are always running.
Vertical15
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I do an average of 8 loads a week. More when I do all the linen (curtains, etc). It helps that my husband and I both war uniforms for work. Having three boys the laundry piles up fast!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN