Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you enjoy yardwork?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 17 Replies
My elderly neighbor pointed out to me that my flower was dying today. I didnt even realize it was there. Lol. I quickly gave it to my mom. But then I had her walk me thriugh the rest of the care and im overwhelemd. I hate yardwork. Always have. Apparently we are already well behind schedule to weed. And several pots needed water. And there are branches laying on fresh grown grass. I suck at this.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM

So so. I did not enjoy it much when we lived on 2 acres.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Thankfully we don't have anywhere close to that much land. I'm a practical person. Land is for growing crops and raising livestock. Having a big flower garden to tend to is just a waste of my time to me.

Quoting Sisteract:

So so. I did not enjoy it much when we lived on 2 acres.

Numom61507
by Tina on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I hate yardwork. My parents rearranged our obnoxiously big yard all the time and we all had to pitch in. My husband only had to cut grass. It's $35/week now for the landscapers to mow the lawn and trim the bushes. To me, it's worth it not to have to do it ourselves. 

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:55 AM
I don't mind yard work. Luckily, it's just tending my garden and mowing/edging.
EthansMomma2010
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Yah mine isnt that easy. Its my parents old house and they expect me to keep up her obnoxious gardens. I hate wasting water. I hate weeding. And nothing will grow for me anyway.

And oh the childhood summers wasted. I feel you

Quoting Numom61507:

I hate yardwork. My parents rearranged our obnoxiously big yard all the time and we all had to pitch in. My husband only had to cut grass. It's $35/week now for the landscapers to mow the lawn and trim the bushes. To me, it's worth it not to have to do it ourselves. 

collinsmommy0
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM
We don't have a yard.....and haven't had one in 10 years (apartment and now a townhouse). I kill any & all plants that we try to grow. Part of that is because my neighbors dog eats any plants that we try to grow outside our front door. When I was younger I mowed the lawn for my parents. I actually liked doing it for them 2 times a month.

If I had a yard, I wouldn't complain about yard work for at least a few months! But DH would probably be in charge of a 'garden' because he's good at growing things & wants to grow veggies......I would probably be in charge of the grass.
cholita1978
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Hate it, so glad my neighbor's teenage son mows my lawn for a pricce that I gladly pay :-)

collinsmommy0
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Oh but we live in Cali so if we ha a yard it would be extremely small so little work would have to be done to maintain it
EthansMomma2010
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Apparently I suck at mowing too. My dh told me to just stop before anyone got hurt. Lol. Im trying not to complain because I love that we have a yard but until we do a ton more work as far as the playground area and putting in a small fence section he cant really play in it anyway so its kind of anoying.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

We don't have a yard.....and haven't had one in 10 years (apartment and now a townhouse). I kill any & all plants that we try to grow. Part of that is because my neighbors dog eats any plants that we try to grow outside our front door. When I was younger I mowed the lawn for my parents. I actually liked doing it for them 2 times a month.

If I had a yard, I wouldn't complain about yard work for at least a few months! But DH would probably be in charge of a 'garden' because he's good at growing things & wants to grow veggies......I would probably be in charge of the grass.
cabrandy03
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I don't mind yardwork but I wouldn't say that I enjoy it.  Right now we're staying with my MIL and she has a landscaper who comes out once a week to keep up the yard so the only yard work I have to do is water and maintain my garden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)