Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tomorrow is Another Day

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 32 Replies

I hate to bring Scarlett O'Hara into this, but hey: I am Southern.

This is not to say that you'll find me in a plantation home, wearing a hoop skirt and waving a fan at myself while having "the vapors", but it IS to say that when I need strength, I tend to fall back on the strength of us southern gals. And, more often than not, Scarlett is our gal.

(Sometimes, it's M'Lynn from Steel Magnolias. We all quote M'Lynn around these parts.)

Life around these parts have undergone massive changes as of late. Namely, I've got a new mouth to feed.

While I expected a certain amount of .. upheaval.. in this development, I think I was underprepared for just how much my routine would be shot. Remember me? The lady who revolves around routine? Why, yes, she has gone crazy and has flown the coop. What's left is little ole me, clutching to my turnip and screaming to the heavens about Tara and Rhett Butler.

So while my mornings were carefully scheduled before - literally! Down to the :15 minute mark! - now my days may start at 4:00 a.m. or they may start at 8:00 a.m. They might involve Judge Judy for hours on end or they may have five loads of laundry. (That would be THIS morning. FIVE. FIIIIIVE. Who knew something so small could put out so much bodily fluid?!)

I'm learning to let go of the schedule, but it's not easy. And a lot of the time, I fall into bed nightly and think, Man, I truly failed today.

But then I just tighten my corset, pinch my cheeks, and exhale to the sky: Tomorrow is another day.

Do you have a movie hero/heroine that you try to embody when the going gets tough?

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loveTHEviking
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Can't say that I do but congrats on the new baby :). He's adorable!

TigerofMu
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM

M'Lynn is a pretty good, strong female character right there...

TigerofMu
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this

GwenMB
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't watch enough movies to try to embody any character. I do try to embody the string Christian women I know, though.

goddess99
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the ladies from the Golden Girls. I know it's not a movie, but I think they're better than any movie.

TerriC
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I love this!!!

Quoting TigerofMu:

TerriC
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM

That was such a great show!!

Quoting goddess99:

I like the ladies from the Golden Girls. I know it's not a movie, but I think they're better than any movie.

TerriC
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I really don't.  Maybe I should look for one.  LOL!  Congratulations on the new baby!!!!

mrswillie
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TigerofMu:

lol.cute.

mrswillie
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)