Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need ideas

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 29 Replies
I don't want to sound whiny but I have no idea how to hold done a job and get Ethan to all his therapies. He is supposed yo have 1 hour each of speech, occupational, and physical therapy over week plus 10 hours per week of aba therapy. And half day preschool.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awesomemommy2
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Does he get any at school?
collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Ugh yuck. I have a friend who had her mom do drop off & pick up & be the taxi to appointments while she worked Mon, Tues, & every other Wed (so half time)

What about something online, like odesk.com? Sometimes they have writing or editing jobs available (but the rate isn't that great)
collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM
The district I used to work for did preschool in the am then bussed the kids to the ABA center (owned by the district) for ABA, OT, small group social skills, etc. definitely worth asking the school about bussing & programs that fit well time wise.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

awesomemommy2
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I taught in a special Ed school and we provided all those services right in the building. They started at age 3. Prior to that kids would attend something like head start.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

The district I used to work for did preschool in the am then bussed the kids to the ABA center (owned by the district) for ABA, OT, small group social skills, etc. definitely worth asking the school about bussing & programs that fit well time wise.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Idk yet. We still have to do the iep

Quoting awesomemommy2:

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM
My mom still works. My dh can do it a some days but not every day.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Ugh yuck. I have a friend who had her mom do drop off & pick up & be the taxi to appointments while she worked Mon, Tues, & every other Wed (so half time)

What about something online, like odesk.com? Sometimes they have writing or editing jobs available (but the rate isn't that great)
EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I will check. Thanks. Right now IdK how to apply for jobs though when idk how all this is gonna work out. Kwim? I'm just stuck in limbo. :(

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Check with your local specialty schools. I worked at a preschool that started at age 3 where they got OT, PT and speech during school hours. You might have one in your area.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM

not that I can afford though. I have been looking into that, but unless the school district itself agrees to special ed preschool, i can't afford it.

Quoting Numom61507:

Check with your local specialty schools. I worked at a preschool that started at age 3 where they got OT, PT and speech during school hours. You might have one in your area.

TigerofMu
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully you'll be able to go through that process soon and get things rolling, plus you'll have some more information!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Idk yet. We still have to do the iep

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN