Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to sound whiny but I have no idea how to hold done a job and get Ethan to all his therapies. He is supposed yo have 1 hour each of speech, occupational, and physical therapy over week plus 10 hours per week of aba therapy. And half day preschool.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Replies (21-29):
copperswifey
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Not sure if a part time or night time job would work for you. That does make it harder when you are always going to appointments. Good luck! :)

Sisteract
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Work off hours or weekends.

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Kaden has therapy all on one day.  He has speech, physical and occupational therapy on Tuesdays from 12-1:30.  We are done by 2.  He also has preschool from 9-11:30.  We were picking him up with his lunch, he was eating it on the way, and we would get home around 2:20 when we tried putting him down for a nap.  He stopped all naps in April.

Then, we found out two days before summer vacation that he had physical and speech therapy at his preschool.  They started that with him earlier in the year without notifying us...which they were supposed to do.  If we had known that, we wouldn't have been taking him to the next city over to get the therapy on Tuesdays. 

Maybe you can take him all in one day to get the therapy he needs?   Where we go they only give out half hour sessions, so and hour and a half isn't so long...I'm not sure how to do the other therapy he needs though.  2 hours of just that is a long time for a child.

Good Luck! :)

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM
He gets an hour each of ot , st, and pt plus supposed to have 10 hours of aba. Even if he gets all 3 in school he still needs abs and he is solo little no way would he do 3 hours at a time. :(

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Kaden has therapy all on one day.  He has speech, physical and occupational therapy on Tuesdays from 12-1:30.  We are done by 2.  He also has preschool from 9-11:30.  We were picking him up with his lunch, he was eating it on the way, and we would get home around 2:20 when we tried putting him down for a nap.  He stopped all naps in April.

Then, we found out two days before summer vacation that he had physical and speech therapy at his preschool.  They started that with him earlier in the year without notifying us...which they were supposed to do.  If we had known that, we wouldn't have been taking him to the next city over to get the therapy on Tuesdays. 

Maybe you can take him all in one day to get the therapy he needs?   Where we go they only give out half hour sessions, so and hour and a half isn't so long...I'm not sure how to do the other therapy he needs though.  2 hours of just that is a long time for a child.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Thanks. I applied for some part time jobs so hopefully I can get it and then work my way up to full time when he gets older.

Quoting Sisteract:

Work off hours or weekends.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I'm looking for part time. I could do evenings but I have health issues of my own so I can't do overnight :(

Quoting copperswifey:

Not sure if a part time or night time job would work for you. That does make it harder when you are always going to appointments. Good luck! :)

alliesmom112
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:26 PM

do you have any friends that can help you out? 

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Whew.  That is a lot of therapy.  I'm sorry that I don't have any ideas.  I wish you luck.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

He gets an hour each of ot , st, and pt plus supposed to have 10 hours of aba. Even if he gets all 3 in school he still needs abs and he is solo little no way would he do 3 hours at a time. :(

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Miranda1127
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM

wow, that's a tuff one. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN