Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I forgot....7/2/2013

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

JULY 2ND, 2013 – NATIONAL I FORGOT DAY – NATIONAL ANISETTE DAY

NATIONAL I FORGOT DAY

Who were you supposed to wish a happy birthday to today?  Did you forget?  If you did, then today is fitting for you.  July 2nd celebrates National I Forgot Day. This day is one to simply “not remember”.  If you have ever wished you had an excuse for those things you somehow let slip your  mind, today you have it! You can celebrate today by just letting yourself forget.

Some celebrate today a bit differently.  Another way to enjoy National I Forgot Day is to make good with all of the things/days/events that you forgot to acknowledge.  Send a card or greeting to that certain someone and apologize for “forgetting” it.

A third and final way to look at, or celebrate,  National I Forgot Day, is to take any bad memory that you have stored (or if you are just having a bad day) and simply – FORGET it!

forgot to remember

NATIONAL I FORGOT DAY HISTORY

The creator of National I Forgot Day is  Gaye Anderson from DeMotte, IN.  She created this special day because of a period in her life when she was having a hard time remembering things.  Instead of getting flustered, she created this day to relax and just let herself -forget-.  Gaye doesn’t quite remember (believe it or not!) when she created this day, but thinks it must have been about 10 or so years ago.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TigerofMu
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM

NATIONAL ANISETTE DAY

Today we can celebrate National Anisette Day.  To join in on the celebration, go let yourself have a drink.  In fact, go get a drink made with Anisette!  Anisette is an anise-flavored liqueur that is made by distilling aniseed and sometimes adding a sugar syrup.  Anisette is popular in Spain, Italy, Portugal and France.

True Anisette should not be drunk straight, as its alcoholic content is high enough to cause irritation to the throat. However, mixing it in with coffee, gin, bourbon or most commonly, water,  will bring out a bit of a sweet flavor.  To enjoy this sweetness, without drinking, you can make Anisette cookies!

If you are one to grab all of the black jelly beans at Easter, you will surely enjoy today and the drink that makes it special, Anisette.  Although Anisette does not contain licorice, it does have that sort of distinct flavor.

anisette-liqueur
graycalico
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is excited to use this excuse all day, she's soooo forgetful.

collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol

Ill be using this excuse all day!
Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish "just forgetting" bad memories was that simple..

TigerofMu
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely agree!

Quoting Numom61507:

I wish "just forgetting" bad memories was that simple..

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a fan of that holiday, as I would forget where my brain was if it wasn't attached ;)

TigerofMu
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  Me too some days!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I'm a fan of that holiday, as I would forget where my brain was if it wasn't attached ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)