Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Max the Morning Challenge Day 1: Stay "Unplugged"!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 95 Replies
2 moms liked this

How many times have you planned on checking your phone quickly for new emails or status updates, but end up getting distracted and wasting a lot of time? Today's challenge is to stay "unplugged" from electronics in the morning!

There are a lot of obstacles in the morning that stand in the way of getting out of the house on time. It's very easy to become distracted by your computer, television, or phone. Save time in the morning by keeping your TV off and your phone tucked away in your purse!

typing

Are you easily distracted by electronics in the morning? Would you have a tough time "unplugging"? Do your kids get slowed down in the morning by electronics?

If you haven't signed up for the Max the Morning Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm a full-time, working mom so our mornings are busy getting ready and everyone out the door. I  really have no time to check any electronics.  What I DO do is once I get home at the end of the day, I pretty much stay away from the computer and my cell phone and quiet everything down.  I find that life is simpler like this because then I don't feel like a slave to technology.

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I usually get distracted by CM in the mornings, but it's okay because I don't have to go anywhere most days.  My dd doesn't get slowed down by electronics.

dusky_rose
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Mornings are my quiet time. I need to stay unplugged in the afternoon. LOL

Tink0711
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I check my phone for calls/texts first thing. After that, phone is down unless I get a call or text.

kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I'm easily distracted. Today I'm busy with diaper laundry, cooking, cleaning, and schooling my little ones. Hopefully I'll not get too distracted. LOL
Ambear72
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
This wouldn't be a challenge for my family at all. The only thing that on in the mornings us the radio. We don't watch TV when we are getting ready to go anywhere. We get up get ready and go. I agree the TV and computer are huge distractions. That's why my kids don't have them in their rooms, or their own computer. We all share and when it's not your turn on the computer you are outside or playing something else. So Challenge #1 is no challenge for us.
graycalico
by Deon on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I sit on CM while I pump first thing in the am, but we have nowhere to be. When I need to get out the door I don't usually check my phone unless I'm waiting to hear from someone
EbonySnow
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I don't have a xell so thats easy and I don't watch tv in the mornings. I do check my email and here real quick but then I get to work around here. 

Janet
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I get on CM every morning. The boys usually watch TV in the morning.

joshsgirl12
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Not really.. I am stay at home so I get all my stuff done in the morning

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)