Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Max the Morning Challenge Day 4: Save Time and the Mess!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today's activity is not only easy, but a huge time saver too! The challenge is, while you are cooking dinner make the next day's lunch! This will save you time in the morning and time cleaning your kitchen (two meals, one mess). This tip is really handy especially if you make your own or your DH/SO's lunch for work, when you have kids going to summer camp, or when your kids go back to school.

apron

Do you ever feel like a short order cook in your house or do you cook one meal that everyone will eat? Have you ever made lunch in advance to save time the next day?

Click here if you missed yesterday's activity! If you haven't signed up for the Max the Morning Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sanj1213
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I cook one meal that everyone will eat. Sometimes when dh is home he'll cook something in the morning for lunch later. 

joshsgirl12
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Yes yes and yes! My dd does not eat alot so its hard with her.
kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Our lunch is usually a loaf of homemade bread. PB&J, PB&H, or just butter on it. Something simple, and I make the bread the day before many times.
janessa27
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

My two sons are very picky! I have tried to fix the same for everyone but they will not eat. So they usually get about the same thing DH and I eat with a different twist to it. I always make my lunch (to take to work) while I am cooking supper. In the morning- I just have to grab my bag and go.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
We do cold lunches or reheat leftovers. Dh occasionally cooks for lunch but its rare. I do pack lunches the night before if we are going to be gone.
EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
We do that too. My son has sensory issues and can't always eat exactly what we are eating but I try to keep it close.

Quoting janessa27:

My two sons are very picky! I have tried to fix the same for everyone but they will not eat. So they usually get about the same thing DH and I eat with a different twist to it. I always make my lunch (to take to work) while I am cooking supper. In the morning- I just have to grab my bag and go.

sukainah
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM

My kids are so picky so I do feel like a short order cook.  But the dinner I cook for DH he often also eats for lunch the next day.  I used to make my son's lunch for school the night before until he started eating school lunch.

NEMommaOf3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I was raised to eat what is served to you and that is how I am raising my kids. I cook on meal and we all eat. My kids are not picky eaters, we all have a wide range of food we love and love to try new things!

I make lunch ahead the night before and have been doing so for years

Jessid9109
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I make dinner for my husband and I because my baby can't eat big people food yet. After I am done cooking dinner I make my husbands lunch for work the next day. I usually give him the leftovers which makes it super easy. :)
Sunshine2plus2
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I cook one meal, you either eat or go without! My husband always takes leftovers to work for lunch the next day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)