Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Running on empty.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM
  • 9 Replies
Lately I feel as though I can't keep up with household chores while keeping up with my three children,( 3 months,3 yrs,& 4 yrs old). Try as I may, my efforts go unnoticed, unappreciated, and I am left feeling defeated. Any tips as to keeping my sanity?
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
graycalico
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:59 AM
I get this feeling too. I just focus on the little moments with the kids. I know in 30 years I won't be missing my clean house, I'll be missing sweet snuggles and fun with my babies.
loveTHEviking
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Coffee and the boys' smiles is what keeps me going :). I have 2 boys who are 5 years apart and they are both crazy lol.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM
When I'm feeling like that I just "take the day off" and have a movie day. I do just the basic cleaning and just enjoy the kids. Hey silly with them and dance to some music.

If the weather is nice take them on a nature walk and point out different things.
collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I also take a day off. Or I defer some tasks to DH over the weekend to help. Getting DH to do stuff helps a lot!
cabrandy03
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I feel like this sometimes too and I only have one kiddo to chase after lol.  I usually try to find someone dh, my mom, my MIL, someone to watch dd for an hour or two just so I can take a break and do something for me. 

mckinneymom918
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Over spring break this year I started chore sticks for the older ones (5 & 9), 2 per day. Plus 3 per half hour of screen time. These happen first thing in the morning. This time allows me to throw in a load laundry, and my weekly chores without anyone screaming at me or each other. We're all just working for about 30 minutes. Then we head outside until lunch time usually, eat lunch, I switch the laundry, then usually the baby (10 months) goes down for a nap, so we veg for 30 minutes or so- watch tv, read, etc. then they help me found the laundry when its finished. When the baby gets up they do a little activity while I feed her.

For me, the older ones arguing gets under my skin quicker than anything- drives me nuts, and then everything starts bothering me, the messes, the dishes, the crumbs. Going into this summer I decided if I kept them busy, they would have less opportunity to fight and argue. And it's been a happier summer for sure for all of us. Now- they've been at grandmas this week and come home tomorrow, so it may be a different story for a week or so!
Vertical15
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Always remember this-

The house can wait, the kids grow up and won't remember if there were dirty dishes in the sink!

*hugs*  I know how you feel though.  When my husband comes home and I start saying I'm sorry I didn't do this or that, he always says why are you apologizing?  It will get done eventually.

Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Coffee works wonders! You just look at your kids and know everything you do is for them..

Hollybriann
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Take a b vitamin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)