Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being unreasonable????

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 18 Replies

Okay so help me settle this argument dh and I have been having.  So right now we're staying at my MIL's house while we look for a new apartment (we've been here for a few months). Usually dd (2.5 years old) sleeps in our room but in her own bed but here there is no room for her bed so she's been sleeping with us for now.  Dh gets up for work between 5 and 6 am depending on what time they need him there that day.  Dd and I usually don't get up until 8 or 9 am.  Dh insists on setting the alarm 45 minutes earlier then he has to get up so he can push the snooze button 3 times.  That means his alarm goes off 4 times every morning so basically it wakes dd and I up 4 separate times everyday.  I've also asked dh to set out his clothes and keys and everything he needs for work the night before so he doesn't have to come out of the bedroom a bunch of times in the morning.  He's gotten pretty good about setting out the clothes but ends up searching the bedroom for his keys at the last minute at least a couple times a week.  It drives me crazy, I have the hardest time falling back asleep after I'm woken up and dd is young enough that she still needs 12 hours of sleep a night so waking her up multiple times a morning just seems rude to me.  Am I being unreasonable wanting him to set all his stuff out the night before?  Or wanting him to not hit snooze a billion times a morning?  He thinks I'm unappreciative of the fact that he works so I can stay home with dd.

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pam_8787
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I agree with setting the clothes out. And the keys. I don't think you are being unreasonable about that, as far as the snooze. DH does the same thing but I kinda understand that this is his way of getting up. Maybe he can turn the volume down a bit.
graycalico
by Deon on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I agree with you. Maybe you could compromise and allow him one snooze hit. But otherwise he should keep it down.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I understand that pushing snooze a few times is his way of waking up in the morning...but 3 times is a lot.  I'd be happy if he could keep it to just once even twice would be an improvement!

Quoting graycalico:

I agree with you. Maybe you could compromise and allow him one snooze hit. But otherwise he should keep it down.

collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
DH used to hit the snooze button all the time & it drove me nuts. Now DS wakes up around the same time as his alarm so DS has become the alarm. But same thing - I was kind of told 'well, I work....so deal with the snooze button'. You can ask him to do a quieter snooze or a different tune - I found certain tunes on the iPhone alarm didnt bother me as much.

I don't know about the other stuff - DH just goes into the closet to get his clothes. What about buying a small bowl or something, placing it by the door, & making that the key area? This way even if you see the keys somewhere the night before you just dump it into the key bowl.
Vertical15
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think youre being unreasonable.  He needs to also put his child's needs ahead of his for this.  IMO

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Definitely not unreasonable but if you can get him to do it let me know how. Dh never learned
PookiePanda
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I would muder my husband.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM
My husband drives me nuts with the snooze button. He hits it at least 3 times. Baby sleeps in our room so he wakes her up.

Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM

After one snooze hit, I shove my husband off the side of the bed. I don't stand for that mess, Lol

I would leave his clothes in the hall and tell him to get dressed in the bathroom. That's where I would leave his keys (on the bath counter).

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM

lol well at least I'm not the only one that has to deal with this kind of crap!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Definitely not unreasonable but if you can get him to do it let me know how. Dh never learned

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)