Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being unreasonable????

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay so help me settle this argument dh and I have been having.  So right now we're staying at my MIL's house while we look for a new apartment (we've been here for a few months). Usually dd (2.5 years old) sleeps in our room but in her own bed but here there is no room for her bed so she's been sleeping with us for now.  Dh gets up for work between 5 and 6 am depending on what time they need him there that day.  Dd and I usually don't get up until 8 or 9 am.  Dh insists on setting the alarm 45 minutes earlier then he has to get up so he can push the snooze button 3 times.  That means his alarm goes off 4 times every morning so basically it wakes dd and I up 4 separate times everyday.  I've also asked dh to set out his clothes and keys and everything he needs for work the night before so he doesn't have to come out of the bedroom a bunch of times in the morning.  He's gotten pretty good about setting out the clothes but ends up searching the bedroom for his keys at the last minute at least a couple times a week.  It drives me crazy, I have the hardest time falling back asleep after I'm woken up and dd is young enough that she still needs 12 hours of sleep a night so waking her up multiple times a morning just seems rude to me.  Am I being unreasonable wanting him to set all his stuff out the night before?  Or wanting him to not hit snooze a billion times a morning?  He thinks I'm unappreciative of the fact that he works so I can stay home with dd.

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Replies (11-18):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM

At least mines not the only one lol.

Quoting RADmomma:

My husband drives me nuts with the snooze button. He hits it at least 3 times. Baby sleeps in our room so he wakes her up.

Kitten1025
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Funny my DH is the opposite of yours. Soon that alarm clock goes off he will jump out of the bed and turn it off then goes take his shower. He HATES the sound of the alarm. Maybe because I put the clock across the room and not next to the bed. That is an idea to try and we do have a night stand next to our bed but put the clock on my dresser.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Moving the alarm away from the bed is an awesome idea!  I'm not sure how dh will feel about it though.  Maybe when we move next month I can set the new bedroom up so that there just isn't anywhere to put it near the bed.

Quoting Kitten1025:

Funny my DH is the opposite of yours. Soon that alarm clock goes off he will jump out of the bed and turn it off then goes take his shower. He HATES the sound of the alarm. Maybe because I put the clock across the room and not next to the bed. That is an idea to try and we do have a night stand next to our bed but put the clock on my dresser.

Sisteract
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I snooze would be OK

Wish2Be
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Sounds like he was on his man period.
Hollybriann
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I agree with your SO. He works so u can stay at home. You can sleep the rest of the day.
loveTHEviking
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. My youngest sleeps in our room in his crib but that kid sleeps so hard that it's almost impossiable to wake him. DH's alarm isn't super loud though. Me, I'm a light sleeper so I always hear the alarm in the morning but DH gets up the first time it goes off. So I'm able to doze back off. Also he keeps his "work" clothes in the linen closet so he doesn't have to come back and fourth between the lving room and the bedroom.

Sounds like he's just being a butthead. I hope that you guys can get things worked out :).

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM

It's not about me, I could care less that he wakes me up.  It's the fact that it wakes up our 2 year old and then it's very hard to get her back to sleep and she doesn't do well on 7 hours of sleep.

Quoting Hollybriann:

I agree with your SO. He works so u can stay at home. You can sleep the rest of the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)