Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The dentist

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 14 Replies
Do you go to one?

I go pretty regularly (2x a year for a cleaning) but I HATE it. Hate hate hate hate hate it.

I have an appointment this morning. Ugh
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I hate the dentist.  I tend to only go if something is hurting.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I go twice a year and I HATE it too!!! Ugh!

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM

i was going regularly. but....i really don't see the point. i don't want xrays, i know my teeth are healthy, i don't use flouride. i can brush and floss at home. ds hasn't been yet at all and idk if i even want to take him.

graycalico
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I'm overdue for a visit.
collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I have sooo many filled cavitities - my asthma and sinus medications dry up my mouth, which leads to more cavities. If I didn't have any issues in the past, I probably wouldn't go.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

i was going regularly. but....i really don't see the point. i don't want xrays, i know my teeth are healthy, i don't use flouride. i can brush and floss at home. ds hasn't been yet at all and idk if i even want to take him.

Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I have dental work that needed to be done when I still lived with my parents (we're talking about 14 years ago) and now I have 5 teeth that need to be pulled (he doesn't want to bother saving them) and then replaced. I also cracked the bridge I had playing baseball with Mini (ball to the side of the jaw tyvm!). I hate the dentist because all they see is dollar signs when I walked in the door. This guy is going to have a new car by the time he's done with me! LOL

Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

The other problem is the oral surgeon is hot and it's embarrassing having him see my mouth like that.. LOL

Vertical15
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I go every six months.  I love it.  I love how clean my teeth feel afterwards.

PookiePanda
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I go a tooth pulled yesterday. D:

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM
I can understand that. I went regularly after I got gingivitis while pregnant. But now that ive had 2 good checks im not going back for quite awhile

Quoting collinsmommy0:

I have sooo many filled cavitities - my asthma and sinus medications dry up my mouth, which leads to more cavities. If I didn't have any issues in the past, I probably wouldn't go.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)