Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often.....

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

do you buy new clothes for yourself?

We're usually on a pretty tight budget so I always put off buying myself stuff until I absolutely have to.  It was my birthday this past week and my mom and my grandma gave me some gift cards and told me to buy myself some nice stuff so I finally got some new summer clothes.  It feels really great to be wearing clothes I actually like instead of hand-me-downs from my aunt!  I've never really noticed before how much my confidence level goes up when I feel good about what I'm wearing.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I haven't bought myself any new clothes in years. We too are on a tight budget and DH and DD come first. Plus I hate shopping for clothes so I just raid DH's stuff for a shirt to wear if mine are to ratty.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:48 PM

i buy myself  a piece here or there if it's really marked down, but it's not often that i buy myself clothing and especially if it not on sale. recently i have gone a little nuts with marked down underwear. lol

graycalico
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
It's been awhile. I'm excited to go on a few months after I've lost more of the baby weight
collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Nice! My MIL tends to get me Kohls gift cards or gap gift cards or anther clothing store gift cards for my birthday & Christmas - that's basically when I get new clothes!
Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

When I'm at Target and I see something in my size (which they never seem to have), I snatch it up. I hate shopping for clothes for myself though. I have more fun shopping for Mini..

TigerofMu
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Not often, but I needed a few this week because my pants were too big!
johnny4ever
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Not to often

timon95
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:10 PM

i do not buy myself new clothes all that often. i have to desperately need something to go and buy it.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM
As needed
mrswillie
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM

When I see them on sale. I love a good sale.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)