Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get smeared, ladies

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 20 Replies
A year ago today my mom passed away from cervical cancer. She was 56 years old. It's super treatable and preventable when it's caught early, so don't forget to get your exams regularly! A few minutes of being uncomfortable are worth the rest of your life.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM
They won't do mine yearly because I'm married or something. So sorry about your mom. I would be lost without mine. :(
graycalico
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM
That's lame! My mom waited years & years though. Thank you

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

They won't do mine yearly because I'm married or something. So sorry about your mom. I would be lost without mine. :(
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
If I had insurance I would go. Sorry about your mom.
collinsmommy0
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Sorry about your mom.

I think they do me every 3 years or when I'm pregnant. I didn't go for a loooong time before getting pregnant, like 6 years or something! It's so easy to just *not* make an appointment.
Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I'm very sorry about your mother. I lost my Mom at 18 and there is no pain like that :(

My church choir leader passed when I was 17 of cervicla cancer. She developed an infection they couldn't control. 

Vertical15
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sorry about your loss. 

A yearly checkup while not fun isn't too much to ask to be there for my kids.  I go every year.

loveTHEviking
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I go like I'm supposed to :). I hate it but I have a really great doctor! Sorry for your loss.

loveTHEviking
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I'm married and I go every year. That's so insane.. I've never heard that before.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
That's the militaries new rule. And I don't like it. I want the std test too cuz some of them lay dormant for years. I'm hoping new civilian Dr means every year for awhile.

Quoting loveTHEviking:

I'm married and I go every year. That's so insane.. I've never heard that before.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

joeannaanthony
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I am sorry for your losses....I have got vacinated for Cervical cancer so is there a need for me to get checked?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)