Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How bad is it - going from one to two kids?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

We are expecting baby #2 in less than 5 weeks.  So how bad is it....going from 1 to 2 kids?  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE having a 2 year old right now.  He loves to go out and do stuff, but can sit and do art projects and is just so FUN to have around (yes, he has tantrums and whines and all that regular 2 year old stuff but he's still a cool kid)

I'm worried about having 2 & having to stay home all the time or something!

Also Collin had huge issues as an infant - he had a tongue tie and is allergic to milk (and 16 other foods, which we just found out about, we knew about some of them).....so the first few months were ROUGH for us - more so than average, I *think* - tons of weight gain issues, food issues, rash issues, etc...hoping this baby doesn't have as many issues.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Numom61507
by Tina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I have heard some say they love having two because they are ALWAYS busy, driving both to their different activites and friend stuff. I've also heard complete regret from others who say they "have no time" for their older ones anymore. 

I only have 1. I got a puppy instead of having another kid :)

Vertical15
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I feel like I had a different experience because my oldest was 5 when we had #2.  He was able to 'help' much more then a younger sibling could and understand when I had to give his brother more attention. 

Though going from 1 to two doesn't really double the work.  Just double the time it takes to get ready for anything!  :)

loveTHEviking
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I love having 2 kids! A little more stress is added but once you get in a routine it's fine. I won't say it's easy but it isn't any harder either :). I'm a SAHM and I love it. I will admit that things are a little more on the calmer side when my oldest is at school but I love the chaos of it all :). My oldest Ian he's 6 and my youngest Thomas he's 20 months. They keep each other occupied most of the time and for the most part they get along great!

loveTHEviking
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't agree more Vanessa! :)

Ian was 4 when we had Thomas and things were a little crazy with a newborn but once Ian got used to Thomas and understood that Thomas was staying things got comfortable. Ian became a daddy's boy for a little while. But now BOTH the boys are mommas babies :)...haha.

Quoting Vertical15:

I feel like I had a different experience because my oldest was 5 when we had #2.  He was able to 'help' much more then a younger sibling could and understand when I had to give his brother more attention. 

Though going from 1 to two doesn't really double the work.  Just double the time it takes to get ready for anything!  :)

TigerofMu
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Things will be fine :).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)